HMS Prince of Wales battleship 1/700

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

As a new member of this forum I am seeing these photographs for the first time.

The level of workmanship in this model is quite stunning. I kept checking back to top of the first page to make sure I hadn't read the scale wrongly. No, I wasn't mistaken - 1/700.

Flyhawk do produce some amazingly detailed kits at 1/700 but you guys have turned that kit into a work of art.

I have KM Bismarck and HMS Hood from Flyhawk in 1/700 but my efforts will come nowhere near this level of perfection.

Master builders indeed gentlemen.

Kind regards

Roger

On 9/2/2021 at 6:11 PM, RogerF said:

As a new member of this forum I am seeing these photographs for the first time.

The level of workmanship in this model is quite stunning. I kept checking back to top of the first page to make sure I hadn't read the scale wrongly. No, I wasn't mistaken - 1/700.

Flyhawk do produce some amazingly detailed kits at 1/700 but you guys have turned that kit into a work of art.

I have KM Bismarck and HMS Hood from Flyhawk in 1/700 but my efforts will come nowhere near this level of perfection.

Master builders indeed gentlemen.

Kind regards

Roger

Thank you very much for the nice comments!

Yes I believe 1/700 scale is not some kind of "everyone's scale" since it does require some good eyesight and great patience, with some practice and experience to reach the goal.

I myself also picked up mine by building 3-4 ships and I can feel my own enhancement one by one.

I believe if you built at least 3 kits, you will also have some feeling like that which will defintely encourage you to challenger bigger projects.

Hope my advice helpful.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unbelievable modelling in 1/700 scale. When I first saw it it was at 1/350, if not larger. So clean a build - not like a blob of superglue held together by model parts as some of my efforts are. Amazing.

Cheers,

GrahamB