Fokker C.IV W, Pedro Zanni around the world flight -converted Omega resin, 1/72nd

13 minutes ago, Moa said:

You are very kind, Chris!

The photos courtesy of an old Canon camera and Hollywood-generated weather.

Slightly jealous of the weather although I am secretly wishing for a heavy snowfall here in Kent UK, to make it more festive, but it will never happen!!!

Chris

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

First, and most importantly, please allow me to congratulate you on becoming a grandfather!   Whether as a debut, or for a repeat performance, being a grandparent is a wonderful experience.   Welcome to a brave, new world Claudio, you're going to love this!  😃

I so enjoyed your accompanying article about the subject of your build.   As a history teacher and life-long lover of history, it is often the wonderful stories about aviation history that drives my choice of models to build.   Thanks for taking the time to write the details and anecdotes that truly do make the models "come to life".  🥂

Hey, the model is pretty good too.  No, really, it's closer to amazing.   What a talent you have sir. :worthy:

You are exceedingly kind, dear sir.

My granddaughter was my first. She (and my two sons and rest of the family) are many thousands of kilometers away, so for the moment it's digital grand-parenting, not that I can do much more than say "awww!".

Glad you enjoyed the posting. Being an artist by trade, even if I do consider the history behind, my attraction towards a certain plane is mostly aesthetic*, but this case of course is the exception, hence the more extensive background.

Once again, your kindness and encouragement are deeply appreciated.

*Aesthetic is not necessarily equivalent to beautiful, as the Guernica easily proves. I love to no end the Farman Jabiru, for example.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, billn53 said:

I don't know how you do it, Moa! Every build you do seems to turn out excellently. For me, where I'll end up when I'm done is always a dice-roll.

We know you, Bill, so don't try that on us! your builds are great!

Outcome is by nature uneven, so many factor intervening; the criteria I guess is to have fun -if you can-, and do the best -with common sense- with what you are working from.

My trick is sometimes to start from crap (as in this case), so the result has to be better 😄

Cheers

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Absolutely wonderful, Claudio. The 'flying' photos in particular could be the real thing.

Is it ever not sunny in CA?

Jon (listening to the wind and rain outside).

Thanks, Jon.

Well, it's complicated: We also have the smoke from the wildfires, and the brown pollution from the city when it's blowing offshore.

Other than that, blue skies. Some people claim it rained once when they were children, and many describe things on the sky that could be construed as objects described in encyclopedias as clouds, but those are surely urban myths.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moa said:

many describe things on the sky that could be construed as objects described in encyclopedias as clouds, but those are surely urban myths.

Well, I'm on Shetland right now, from where I can state with absolute certainty that those objects, which move horizontally with great speed, are definitely not urban myths. 🌧

Seriously, how do you take those photos from below? A sheet of glass with a polarising filter, perhaps? The realism of this model seen from below is quite uncanny to view, as one gets so used to seeing long-extinct rarities only in grainy black-and-white.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Well, I'm on Shetland right now, from where I can state with absolute certainty that those objects, which move horizontally with great speed, are definitely not urban myths. 🌧

Seriously, how do you take those photos from below? A sheet of glass with a polarising filter, perhaps? The realism of this model seen from below is quite uncanny to view, as one gets so used to seeing long-extinct rarities only in grainy black-and-white.

Keep that bum warm!

Yes, a pane of thin glass, the model on top, held with one hand above my head, camera on the other, anxious about the glass braking, or the model sliding away and not being able to achieve sustained flight and safe landing, trying to avoid reflections from the grass and tiles, concerned about the neighbors watching me as I contort into the strangest poses, not being able to scratch my nose as it of course now starts to itch, and generally avoiding stumbling on something as I move around for the better angles, and trying not to keel over due to sheer disorientation.

I call it -in this particular case- a "Zanni" (pun intended) afternoon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1