After building the Kinetic A-6 Intruder (terrible fit, large gaps and rubbish instructions) this kit lived up to all the hype and l can safely state " no filler was harmed in the making of this model". Brilliantly engineered it mostly clicked together with only a wiff of glue needed and some parts needing none at all. Built up as one of the options in the box, l chose VF101 Grim Reapers because what Farmer doesn't like a sythe! Paints used were Xtracolor plus Tamiya for the tail fins and spine, decals were the only negative as the are quite thick and despite plenty of Set and Sol would not settle into panal lines, so painted as much as l could. Grey flory wash and Humrol satincote to finish. maybe a bit shiney for some tastes but hey-ho l had a ball building her so l'm now a very Jolly Farmer. Stay safe boys and girls, Merry Christmas!

50720791697_b4812e8d61_z.jpgF14 by peter crossman, on Flickr

50720906807_fcbee277f4_z.jpgF14 by peter crossman, on Flickr

50720705761_a7d7318b8b_z.jpgF14 tamiya by peter crossman, on Flickr

50723668676_b0a397c125_z.jpgF14 by peter crossman, on Flickr

50720803887_1218c7352b_z.jpgUntitled by peter crossman, on Flick

F14

• Like 41

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Wonderful Tomcat Peter!    Brilliant finish and results! :clap2:  I am impressed so much; perhaps a Tamiya Tomcat is in my future too...😀

Try one Gary, if your looking for a stress free build it’s the kit to have!

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful:like:. I must try this Flory wash as it seems to be popular and appears to fill the panel lines very uniformly. The one I use can be difficult to remove and sometimes stains the paint. Is it easy to use?

Cheers and have a safe Christmas.

Pete

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

Absolutely beautiful:like:. I must try this Flory wash as it seems to be popular and appears to fill the panel lines very uniformly. The one I use can be difficult to remove and sometimes stains the paint. Is it easy to use?

Pete

Pete, please allow me to add a vote for Flory washes.   I bought a set of five or six different "shades" of wash and find them very useful.   There are good tutorials on Flory's website (or there once were?).   One warning I'll add is to never contaminate the Flory wash with anything that has been used with solvent-based paints, for example brushes or even stirrers.  The cross-contamination will render the wash unusable for the most part.  (ask me how I know...😉)

I'm sure Peter will tell you of his experiences with the product.   I'm sold on it thus far!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Pete

Morning Pete, in answer to your question, YES! so easy to use, l use Xtracolor enamels as my go to paints as they are gloss finish which is what you need for a even result using Flory washes, they are clay based so you ‘srub’ it over all the model and then leave it to dry, 20 mins later l use a good quality paper towel to polish it off the model and use a cotton bud to clear up difficult to get at areas, applying to Matt paint can cause some staining but also some good weathering effects.

Hope that helps and thanks for the nice comment

Merry Christmas to you.

regards

Farmer Pete