Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

5 hours ago, M3talpig said:

This might be the finest work you've done yet mate ...very very special indeed..

My wife sometimes says I'm "special " too....but with the emphasis on the first syllable...

Thanks bud, slowly getting there and as long as its going in the right direction where happy enough!

Cheers, appreciated. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Update 6

Headlight mounts done ........... from the pics i have either 100's lights were broken off or more likely stowed away

New towing mount done as well as the original was a bit lacking                                                                                                           All the weld beads finished on the rear engine plate and torch cut marks done

Impressive work and brilliant attention to detail Steve, sure it'll look tremendous when done.

Someone said, might even have been you, the reason behind moving the headlamps from the hull roof is if rotating the turret with the barrel depressed the headlamps could be knocked off.

Cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Longbow said:

Well.... I think it looks great Andy. 
It’s a superb lesson as to what can be achieved, weathering wise. 

Please don’t take my lack of comments as a sign of dislike.
I’ve just been really busy work wise, not to mention walking in on an armed robbery this morning, and getting stuck waiting to get out of the crime scene. 

You guys actually probably wouldn’t believe the crap I have to deal with, if I didn’t take photos. 

Crap surely not mate, looks like a still from a film set. Dam sight more interesting than my day, the highlight of which was sliding around on icy untreated roads...No matter how old you never grow out of it...or is that just me...🤫

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Jeez fella, try and get a bit of bench time in without being distracted by the shenanigans of you lot and ...

I hope you arn't including me in the 'isn't popular " column!

For what it's worth ,I really like what you're doing with it. As an exercise in weathering techniques and products its brilliant. The rust and staining is great and I particularly like the effects of heat on the exhaust shrouds.

Another point that's come out rather well is the faded and worn turret numbers.

Of course you can manage two builds at once, no shirking the Pzr III build!

It was only a general comment mate it wasn't aimed at any one person alone apologies for the confusion. The only reason I hand painted the turret numbers was because I felt that if I used the decals they would look too clean if you see what I mean. It shouldn't take me long to finish off the Tiger now I've got all the wheels primed and because they will be covered in mud no need for a proper paint job. So tracks and tools and that's pretty much it 🙂👍

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Andy J said:

It was only a general comment mate it wasn't aimed at any one person alone apologies for the confusion. The only reason I hand painted the turret numbers was because I felt that if I used the decals they would look too clean if you see what I mean. It shouldn't take me long to finish off the Tiger now I've got all the wheels primed and because they will be covered in mud no need for a proper paint job. So tracks and tools and that's pretty much it 🙂👍

No need fella, only pulling your leg!

Going to look great when done.

• Like 2