Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

WTF!!!!   4 pages and nothing but banality, slander, pontification and casual abuse of Andy!

I'm up for this already!

Will need to take a while just to catch up on what's been going on, wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to take the whatsit out of our esteemed colleagues....

Nice to see ya back bud........ are you ready to give and receive plenty of abuse...you know ..as it is that time of year :tease:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Kit arrived.... Check. 

Get some pics of the turret from above and from the front if you get a chance bud....be interested in what they have done and what possible differences there are betwixt Tamiya and Trumpeter and the mantlet if pos :goodjob:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, M3talpig said:

Get some pics of the turret from above and from the front if you get a chance bud....be interested in what they have done and what possible differences there are betwixt Tamiya and Trumpeter and the mantlet if pos :goodjob:

Heres some pix to start with. 
Have to go to work, so more later. 

The Zim is as thin as Atak, and can probably be sanded down further using glass and a suitable block. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Longbow said:

The Zim is as thin as Atak, and can probably be sanded down further using glass and a suitable block. 

Looks like a very nice kit....me personally wouldn't be using the Zimmerit but that's my preference ...it's far too uniform ......that said it was applied much more cleanly on Tigers than Panthers and Jagdpanthers so will probably look nice enough...but the parts look clean enough and the detail looks crisp......look forward to this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Will need to take a while just to catch up on what's been going on, wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to take the whatsit out of our esteemed colleagues....

What have you been doing then, don't say modelling, if you have....we want proof! 😛

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Longbow said:

WE don't just have Bees here... We have Man Bees.....

MUCH bigger than your common English Garden Bee.... Much.... Bigger.....

Typical colonial,  size ain't everything, its what you do with it that counts....

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, echen said:

I wasn't trying to post, just looking at robw post that now has two pics in it where the spacer.png thingies sat before. Thanks for the invite to join but my skills and my 1/72 Revell Tiger 1 won't compare to what I anticipate will arrive here. I think I'll just watch and learn....................... for which I have abundant need.😀

As Steve, the self appointed cheer leader, says experience level is irrelevant, tuck in and enjoy, the banquet has room for all.

We all started somewhere mate the only way to get better is to practice.

No one is judging, as such, however if Steve, Brad, Gru he has a lot of alias doesn't receive the accolades he requires he will lob his rattle grenade like from the pram...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Andy J said:

Yes indeed it counts welcome along 👍. There are a few here who can be a little ruthless with there comments but fear not I'm here to see fair play, you may refer to me as the sensible one 😁👍

Don't listen to a word he says, if you imagine a Blackadder-esk scenario Andy is our Baldrick, he just wants to pass on the mantle. If your wondering, Steve @M3talpigis Edmund from Blackadder one btw

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

That looks a nice kit. The late one by Trumpeter will go on the potential list although for double the price there is a nice Dragon 3 in 1 late looks rather tempting too.

Not sure what the tracks are like in the Trumpy kit but unless Dragon have changed which tracks are in their 3 in 1 Tiger.  Mine has the DS one piece items that can fall apart, especially if they react to the paint used, I had a set shatter and they had not been painted yet.  I have tried to get some Fruils but none are available in this country so another £30 for some from China.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Andy J said:

Ok so here's my choice though I'm not sure which of the two box schemes I'm going for 🤔

spacer.png

spacer.png

However the box art looks pretty damn fine to me.......yes indeed decision made it's the box art for me......oh and I'll be starting this build the weekend...I can wait no longer 🙂👍

9 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Tiger 1's Andy Tiger 1's...............................now i know you've had your head in your bottom for a while doing wheeled thingys but i refuse to believe that you don't know the difference betwixt a King tiger and a Tiger 1 ....think you need some sleep :rofl:

Think Andy should know not to delete his pics from his hosting site too.....😉

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Not sure what the tracks are like in the Trumpy kit but unless Dragon have changed which tracks are in their 3 in 1 Tiger.  Mine has the DS one piece items that can fall apart, especially if they react to the paint used, I had a set shatter and they had not been painted yet.  I have tried to get some Fruils but none are available in this country so another £30 for some from China.

I just put an order in with Fruil's website ........ took a week -ten days to turn up but it was worth doing as i had five sets to get.......how much were they with postage Bob

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Cheers for the heads up. The trumpeter ones are individual style according to Scalemates . Bit of a faff but nothing too hard I should think. I've done one of their kits before and rather enjoyed it. 

• Like 3