Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

@M3talpig Any plans to do that figure painting guide that you were talking about Steve? Considering that the figure you just did is awesome, the reason I'm asking is because I need to paint a half naked lady in her bikini at some point, and I can't paint figures to save my life to be honest ;)

Is Britmodeller ready for a badly painted half naked lady? In her bikini? It might be the straw that breaks the camels back... 🤣

Matt (Dave) 

For reference purposes only maybe you could post some photos of half naked ladies so we can decide which one would be best.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, M3talpig said:

.no @Longbow not a real one ...jeez I know how your brain works. Could do that if ya like and post some progress piccys................and yes @Longbow it is his top half that's naked. :giggle:

"You can't always get what you want... But if you try sometimes, you just might find... You get what you need..." :D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Longbow said:

"You can't always get what you want... But if you try sometimes, you just might find... You get what you need..." :D

WAIT WAIT I know who said that........................................................Churchill :rofl:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Could do that if ya like and post some progress piccys

That would be perfect yes, It's a win win for everyone, we get a little progress piccy guide on flesh tones and stuff, and you get another awesome finished figure ;)

And yes, @Longbow is encourageable, I still keep chuckling at that "But a week is too long" comment 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It's a win win for everyone,

Not so sure on that lol ..... I have got a day or two left doing the second winter figure but its close to being done and then I will move onto the under dressed German (no sausage puns please ) will piccy every stage and try my best with the explanations ... just please lower your expectations ... I am not a figure painter. Feel I'm walking territory I have no right being in ... but I will give it my best shot.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Not so sure on that lol ..... I have got a day or two left doing the second winter figure but its close to being done and then I will move onto the under dressed German (no sausage puns please ) will piccy every stage and try my best with the explanations ... just please lower your expectations ... I am not a figure painter. Feel I'm walking territory I have no right being in ... but I will give it my best shot.

Stop whining and making excuses. 
Chop, chop, there’s a good lad 🤔

• Haha 4

If y’all are wondering why I stopped the S02 build, it’s because I wasn’t happy with the Tamiya feifel hoses, at the back. 
Whatever I tried, heat, super glue, brand new blade, I couldn’t get the ends to not fray. 

DKxTe8f.jpg

Then I looked at the wheels and thought… “Not today, Pig… Not today…”

But, a plan of action has been decided upon. 

This plan includes a closed box, a little tape, and a certain shelf. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, M3talpig said:

These two are done I think.....will start on half nekid one next

spacer.png spacer.png

You like a pipe smokin German!!!… but seriously they look mint. Especially the pipe smoker…. How’s that figures tutorial coming along?? 😉

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Muchmirth said:

How’s that figures tutorial coming along??

That's what I'm working on now.....will post when it's done that way I can do it in one post with all the pics figured it would be more useful that way instead of being spread over the rest of the thread :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Those two Tigers sat together with their respective figures look absolutely stunning Steve, and yes they make a very nice set, placed together ;) 

4 hours ago, M3talpig said:

That's what I'm working on now.....will post when it's done

No rush Steve, nothing needs to happen fast in model making... but having said that, and to quote @Longbow "But a week would be too late..." 🤣🤣 

It's just gonna run and run that one.... 

Matt (Dave)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Longbow said:

Bout time you actually built something !!

Iffin you look in the top right you will see a figure in its base coat ....been documenting the build and painting for the figure tutorial .....but got a day or two while the acrylic sets hard so thought I would get started on the Tiger...and you got a bloomin nerve ..relegating stuff to the shelf of doom because ya pipes aint workin yada yada..... worst excuse in the history of excuses........ pull your finger out ...(were is the middle finger emoji) :rofl:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

You managed to get Friul tracks

I get them as a bulk order ....wait until I have a few kits and then order them all at the same time...that said might just move over to Masterclub for the next couple of Tiger projects.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

I get them as a bulk order ....wait until I have a few kits and then order them all at the same time...that said might just move over to Masterclub for the next couple of Tiger projects.

Does it work out cheaper that way Steve, to bulk order them or handier on the postage etc? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muchmirth said:

Does it work out cheaper that way Steve, to bulk order them or handier on the postage etc? 

To be honest I haven't added it up, the main reason is it makes it worthwhile them sending the order if I get 8-10 sets at a time. But I have to say they do need some clean-up to get them on par with Masterclub, but what masterclub lacks is the sheer size of Fruils catalogue of different vehicles they make tracks for (they are increasing their fitment list though) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M3talpig said:

**Cough** T-Rex Studios **Cough**

• Thanks 1