Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

On 28/04/2021 at 02:33, M3talpig said:

Can't wait for you too come back either ......  @Jasper dog been absent as has Andy for some time........ 

Good morning ya-owd giblet!

Modelling I remember what that was, vaguely....🤔

Work is mad busy and what do you do when mad busy with work but take on a new project....

This one is I'd say Gelbbraun (Ral 8000) with Rotbraun 1 (Ral 8017) camo with Braun (Ral 8020) patches 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Btw he hasn't read the retired Greyhound operation manual that states he's layed back and likes to sleep most of the day....

I shall endeavour to catch up with everyones projects and some modelling myself just as soon as Obergruppenführer Scoobie permits!

Cheers

Darryl 

• Like 12

Just checked both my Dragon Tigers and there's options for everything EXCEPT idlers :( Shame, as both kits are for early ones so if the idlers had been in there, they would have been yours.

The Other Dave.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Good morning ya-owd giblet!

Modelling I remember what that was, vaguely....🤔

Work is mad busy and what do you do when mad busy with work but take on a new project....

This one is I'd say Gelbbraun (Ral 8000) with Rotbraun 1 (Ral 8017) camo with Braun (Ral 8020) patches 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Btw he hasn't read the retired Greyhound operation manual that states he's layed back and likes to sleep most of the day....

I shall endeavour to catch up with everyones projects and some modelling myself just as soon as Obergruppenführer Scoobie permits!

Cheers

Darryl 

Good to see you, Darryl !!

Lovely pooch you have there !! Rescue dogs are the best ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Cheers

Darryl 

Oh good lord ...is that Dave....my goodness it is ....DAVE!!!!!! where have you been ... and don't be givin it all that pox about work, you just been too busy playin with scoobs there instead of comin out to play with us....this will not stand ...as for catchin up good luck with that ...you only missed about 45 pages of complete nonsense on this thread.

Well it is good to see you haven't forgotten us completely Dave nice to see ya :wink:

PS Dave this is a Tiger thread not a dog thread.... some decorum please:rofl:

2 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Just checked both my Dragon Tigers and there's options for everything EXCEPT idlers :( Shame, as both kits are for early ones so if the idlers had been in there, they would have been yours.

The Other Dave.

Dave you absolute star ...thanks for lookin if anybody else has a late Dragon Tiger and has a small idler they could lend you could very well be saving me a ton of headaches.......

Regards 

Dave

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

That's a nice pooch 👍

( re all the above posts, perhaps he should be called..Dave..)

Cheers, perhaps......Scoobie-Dave???

5 hours ago, Longbow said:

Good to see you, Darryl !!

Lovely pooch you have there !! Rescue dogs are the best ;)

Cheers Lee, have I spotted you back on the bench perchance too?

And yes totally,  rescues are the way to go.....

Good job you didn't ask me that after we first got him, I was walking him 5miles before and then after work just to tire him out! 

5 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Oh good lord ...is that Dave....my goodness it is ....DAVE!!!!!! where have you been ... and don't be givin it all that pox about work, you just been too busy playin with scoobs there instead of comin out to play with us....this will not stand ...as for catchin up good luck with that ...you only missed about 45 pages of complete nonsense on this thread.

Well it is good to see you haven't forgotten us completely Dave nice to see ya :wink:

PS Dave this is a Tiger thread not a dog thread.... some decorum please:rofl:

How could I forget about you guys....🤔

Let's just check...Brad, Gru, Steve and now Dave....?? More aliases than...

And as for a Tiger thread, I've given the Ral numbers for his colour scheme!

Not even going to ask where the Dave references have come from,  Fools and Horses obvs but...

Upon reflection perhaps Scoobie should be a Damien rather than a Dave. (Convinced he was the satanic hound before he eventually started to settle down).

As for idlers....

spacer.png

Grey is from Dragon, yellow is AFV club

Dragon provides large and small diameter idlers in the late kits, AFV Club just small.

spacer.png

Both 6406 and 6383 have the same sprues 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

As for idlers....

Please please can i borrow one of the small idlers it will be back in the post too you same day....i just want to make a mould .....please please pretty please 

I can't justify £75 just for the idlers and that's if I can get one of those kits in the UK

As payment i can make moulds of anything you want just let me know

🤔🤔🤔🤔😉

Send me your address and I'll drop it in the post Tues, I assume you'll need front and back. No rush the kit has been sat on the shelf for at least a year so take your time.

Thanks for the offer of moulds, can't think of owt off hand but...🤔

Cheers all the same.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Send me your address and I'll drop it in the post Tues, I assume you'll need front and back. No rush the kit has been sat on the shelf for at least a year so take your time.

Can't say thanks enough bud thank you very much :thanks::thanks::thanks:

• Like 2

Now that Darryl has very kindly posted pictures of the Dragon (small/large) and AFV Club idlers, I'm intrigued to know what the Tamiya idlers look like Steve, have Tamiya just supplied large idlers in the kit? (when they should be the small type) or are they just completely the wrong size, i.e. don't match anything?

Matt (dave)

;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/04/2021 at 02:23, Longbow said:

I had this one marked down as S.Pz.Abt. 502, at Narva.

If you jump forward to about 2:18 in this vid then there is some footage of your Narva Tiger 1, as seen in the picture you posted ;)

I was hunting Sturmtiger info, and spotted your Tiger picture in the footage.

Matt(Dave)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Now that Darryl has very kindly posted pictures of the Dragon (small/large) and AFV Club idlers, I'm intrigued to know what the Tamiya idlers look like Steve, have Tamiya just supplied large idlers in the kit? (when they should be the small type) or are they just completely the wrong size, i.e. don't match anything?

Tamiya supply the large ones and as far as I can tell they are correct in size and shape for the early and mid production Tigers ...Sturmtigers were normally damaged Tigers sent back for remanufacture so the steel wheels were an upgrade ...some of the earlier Late production Tigers did use the larger idler so you may get away with using the larger idlers on a Sturmtiger.  basically anything built during or after Feb 44 had the reduced 600mm idler.. chassis numbers 250817 - 250911

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

Not Tiger related, but with all the crew figures kicking around, I thought this was worth posting. 

Love how he keeps carping on about how he is no figure painter and yet produces figures that would easily win any show they were entered into.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Love how he keeps carping on about how he is no figure painter and yet produces figures that would easily win any show they were entered into.

Some folks just have natural talent...

And then there’s me.... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Afternoon all.....quick update and a impromptu poll......this is the camo' I decided on as it's vastly different to the usual 3 tone camo'. It's from the Grossdeutchland Regiment in and around Gumbinnen (Northern Poland) June 1944. It's in Rotbraun over the Dunkelgelb, specific to the III/Pz. Rgt.

It's gonna be a few more hours once I get on to matching the design to the main hull. Anyway, any comments on proceeding with or switching back to a 3 tone welcome.

Regards

w9xE0iz.jpg

cgPdR4X.jpg

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Afternoon all.....quick update and a impromptu poll......this is the camo' I decided on as it's vastly different to the usual 3 tone camo'. It's from the Grossdeutchland Regiment in and around Gumbinnen (Northern Poland) June 1944. It's in Rotbraun over the Dunkelgelb, specific to the III/Pz. Rgt.

It's gonna be a few more hours once I get on to matching the design to the main hull. Anyway, any comments on proceeding with or switching back to a 3 tone welcome.

Regards

w9xE0iz.jpg

cgPdR4X.jpg

I like it !!

it’s vastly different that what is usually seen. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Ma Friends... (lol) He does that with everything, construction, painting, weathering, base work, he claims that he is a complete noob... and then produces work that is quite simply stunning, he's the best thing on Youtube at the moment for armour modelling content, watching him build that T29E3 just makes you (me) wanna build one, he's on a different planet ;)

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Afternoon all.....quick update and a impromptu poll

Looks good, very different, should stand out ;)

Matt

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Regards

w9xE0iz.jpg

cgPdR4X.jpg

Interesting...it's very "modern art" isn't it sir..!  ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Regards

Yep yep yep...likin that was having a poke around the books yesterday and found a few unusual schemes ....breaks the monotony seeing something different ....good show old bean ....do carry on B)

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Yep yep yep...likin that was having a poke around the books yesterday and found a few unusual schemes ....breaks the monotony seeing something different ....good show old bean ....do carry on B)

Says the man who can’t seem to post updated photos 🤣

• Haha 2

On 03/05/2021 at 05:53, Longbow said:

Not Tiger related, but with all the crew figures kicking around, I thought this was worth posting. 

The "ma friends" is always is a sign of great stuff ahead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1