Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

Fair enough I take your point of course.

The seller however needs to be made aware of problems with that manufacturer, because it's going to come back and bite them if they keep flogging faulty stuff, even if they aren't aware of it !

I'd be in touch with the seller as above, if only to issue a friendly warning re. issues with Aber parts.

If I were the seller I would then, on discovery of this offer you some recompense out of good will if nothing else !

Your call, but you'd actually be doing them a favour by bringing it to their attention IMHO ! :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

That Zimm looks pretty damn good to me ! 

What "stuff" did you use for it btw ?

This stuff ;)

P1090667

And using the Lion Roar Zim roller and stamp 

P1090668

And the turret escape hatch gets some 

P1090669

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Just remembered why I don't build much German WW2 armour.....

Zimmerit :frantic:

Well for the life of me i don't see why ...that zim looks spot on mate.......... and so much more rewarding and of course completely different to anybody else's model instead of using a ready made solution and just having a carbon copy......it's the reason i won't buy kits with the zim already molded on.

Stunning job mate

• Like 2

Agreed, some of the moulded in Zim looks far too "regular" not to mention over-size...it's easy to lose sight of what it actually was and how it was applied.

You could even say its a pain (from our point of view) that they did it at all, as it turns out it was a waste of time in the event ! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

Just remembered why I don't build much German WW2 armour.....

Zimmerit :frantic:

First attempt in over 20 years :o

Looks like you've 20  years experience putting zim on German AFV rather than a 20 year gap.Impressed with your work here.  👍

• Like 1

Cheers chaps, its been a while since a built a Tiger so this has to be the first bit of German WW2 Armour 

that I have knocked out since 1998, been thinking about it and that was the last time that I had to do any Zimmerit !! 

I'll leave you with the last set of photo's of the day. 

P1090670

P1090671

P1090672

Enjoy 🙂 

• Like 12

On 4/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, M3talpig said:

Apart from the base, figure and some of the stowage ....... i think i'ma gonna call this un done.

spacer.png spacer.png

Well that's pretty stunning Steve !!

How many figures you going for ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Well that's pretty stunning Steve !!

How many figures you going for ?

Just the one in full winter uniform ...it's not a diorama just a display base and the figure is just to add scale for the viewer....IE me :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

That Zimm looks pretty damn good to me ! 

I second this, you can have a bounce emote cos I'm bored with the thumbs up one... :bounce:

Matt

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, M3talpig said:

if Aber won't respond it's their loss. I fixed the problems and time to move on ......but they have lost a good customer and if they treat all their customers with the same disdain then they won't be around for very much longer...  

I notice that Master, the Polish barrel manufacturer have been extending their range of 1/35 barrels, lets hope they start making barrels for all the German armour as well, they do some really nice detailed stuff. :nod:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dads203 said:

This stuff 

Could I ask if you know of a UK supplier for 'this stuff', as I've been looking for one for a while....

And I'm no expert but I agree with those who are that your anti magnetic mine paste is looking rather good!

Keith

13 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Could I ask if you know of a UK supplier for 'this stuff', as I've been looking for one for a while....

And I'm no expert but I agree with those who are that your anti magnetic mine paste is looking rather good!

Keith

Its been in the stash for about 10 years, I bought it from lucky model in Hong Kong to use up the postage allowance. Not sure where you might get it from closer to home fella ? 

49 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

I notice that Master, the Polish barrel manufacturer have been extending their range of 1/35 barrels, lets hope they start making barrels for all the German armour as well, they do some really nice detailed stuff. 

I will look into that Bob thanks for the heads up...i've not heard of them before. :thumbsup:

Odd that what you'd think of as a fairly ordinary Tamiya product has to come in from EU..

tbh if you have to get stuff like that from outside UK, with all the extra nonsense now, I'll prob try Magic Sculp for my zim, as that seems to be available over here !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M3talpig said:

I will look into that Bob thanks for the heads up...i've not heard of them before. :thumbsup:

I came across Master gun barrels when building aircraft, they make gun barrels, pitot tubes and those sort of things for various scales.  Then they started making barrels for ships and now they make them for tanks, they started with machine gun barrels but have just started making the main armament barrels as well.  Not sure how extensive the range is yet, Hannants only have their barrel sets for the M3 Lee by both MiniArt and Takom.  Here are their MG 34 armoured barrels for the bow m/g position on KTs, Tigers and Panthers. 

IMG_1441

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wonder where Andrei is..?  Hes not been around for a bit..surprised he's not dropped  in to say what a very poor job Mr Pigg made of his Tiger.. :)

....now he's doing a load of Russki stuff tho, he's probably been arrested by the NKVD for taking the pish out of Comrade Stalin's monster moustache....

Edited by Pig of the Week
  • Haha 2