Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

1 hour ago, aurelien wolff said:

is it because of that that some picture appear with "spacer" being written?

Yes unfortunately most of that is my fault........sorry ....just about every picture i posted has been removedĀ 

• Sad 1

Evening all. Sorry I havenā€™t added any update on my Tiger.Ā I have finally had some bench time and managed to get the diorama for my mid-tiger up to about 90%Ā done. Try to imagine a small lapse in fighting in Ukraine,Ā during theĀ muddy and green spring of 1944 following the winter thaw.Ā 
Ā 

I hope you approve of the work so far. The figures appear shiny but I can assure you itā€™s just the light. Thanks for looking.Ā 
Ā 

506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944

Ā 

506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944

Ā 

Edited by A.R.1989
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, A.R.1989 said:

I hope you approve of the work so far. The figures appear shiny but I can assure you itā€™s just the light. Thanks for looking.Ā 

That looks fantastic mate and the attention to detail is great........more than a few hours invested in this i think ....very very nice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A.R.1989 said:

Evening all. Sorry I havenā€™t added any update on my Tiger.Ā I have finally had some bench time and managed to get the diorama for my mid-tiger up to about 90%Ā done. Try to imagine a small lapse in fighting in Ukraine,Ā during theĀ muddy and green spring of 1944 following the winter thaw.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944

Ā 

506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944 506 Ukraine Spring 1944

Ā 

I think that looks brilliant mate very well done indeed šŸ‘ Thanks for showing this great modelling skills šŸ‘Ā 

• Thanks 1

Just gearing up now as the M10 draws to a conclusionĀ ;)

Ā 

Big shout out to Zack @ZackĀ for answering my call on the Tiger 1 Mid, totally a top guy indeed.

As mentioned the M10 will get finished first and then the CH Tiger 1 goes into build as the command version,

as an ex bleep I can't let this one go so it has to be done.Ā 

Ā 

More bits to add as I don't like the DS tracks so I might throw some fruils or some MK tracks at this one. I have both the lastĀ and earlyĀ 

tracks so a bit of research needs doing but I think i right in thinking that both will fit in terms of years. Late tracks also lost the ice cleatsĀ 

quite quick in service anyway.Ā  I'll use the newer Tamiya crew figs with good ol Hornet heads fitted.Ā 

Ā 

P1090465

Ā 

Ā 

Coming soonĀ :frantic:

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

As mentioned the M10 will get finished first and then the CH Tiger 1 goes into build as the command version,

Looking forward to this Dan having followed the beautiful work you did with the M10....this should look greatĀ :yahoo:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

Just gearing up now as the M10 draws to a conclusionĀ ;)

Ā 

Big shout out to Zack @ZackĀ for answering my call on the Tiger 1 Mid, totally a top guy indeed.

Ā 

More bits to add as I don't like the DS tracks so I might throw some fruils or some MK tracks at this one. I have both the lastĀ and earlyĀ 

tracks so a bit of research needs doing but I think i right in thinking that both will fit in terms of years. Late tracks also lost the ice cleatsĀ 

quite quick in service anyway.Ā  I'll use the newer Tamiya crew figs with good ol Hornet heads fitted.Ā 

Coming soonĀ :frantic:

Ā 

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

Looking forward to this Dan having followed the beautiful work you did with the M10....this should look greatĀ :yahoo:

What that Turkey said!

Ā 

Be a bit of a departure for you Dan not working with something green!

Sure this will be a treat, looking forward to it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Ā 

Be a bit of a departure for you Dan not working with something green!

Sure this will be a treat, looking forward to it!

Ā 

Just deciding on what scheme and theatre to do this one in TBH and the fact that Iā€™ll have to get my Zim on !Ā 
Ā 

This is where I need @LongbowĀ for his amazing photo finding skillsĀ ;)

• Like 2

Ā 

Just deciding on what scheme and theatre to do this one in TBH and the fact that Iā€™ll have to get my Zim on !Ā 
Ā 

I missed what you're doing, Dan !! :(

Ā 

What unit/theater were you planning ?

Ā 

Ā 

I like this one from Grossdeutschland.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

I like this one from Grossdeutschland.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That Tiger "C" ?
It's one of the three Command Tigers belonging to s.Pz.Abt.507 in early 1944.Ā  Nothing to do with Grossdeutschland.

Ā 

David

Ā 

7 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Ā 

Ā 

There's an error in that Tiger kit : it specifies the wrong kind of mantlet for the "A2" decals. Totally my fault.

Ā 

David

Ā 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 5:15 PM, aurelien wolff said:

question :at what angle should I put the idler wheel pieces? (on my H2 ,it's marked B26 and the I got trapped by the instruction)

Ā 

Ā 

The idler wheel on a Tiger (if that's what you are talking about) was movable to set the track tension. Up to 30 degrees from the vertical, either way.

Ā 

David

Ā 

2 hours ago, DByrden said:

That Tiger "C" ?
It's one of the three Command Tigers belonging to s.Pz.Abt.507 in early 1944.Ā  Nothing to do with Grossdeutschland.

Ā 

Those are not new. They've been available for over a decade. At least two model kits have been based on those photos.

Ā 

There's an error in that Tiger kit : it specifies the wrong kind of mantlet for the "A2" decals. Totally my fault.

Ā 

The idler wheel on a Tiger (if that's what you are talking about) was movable to set the track tension. Up to 30 degrees from the vertical, either way.

David , i would like to pick your brains about a few details im not clear on with my build of Tiger 100 of the 502nd ...the one captured and displayed in Moscow.....but i don't know how regularly you pop in and you have been fairly quiet lately........ would it be easier to PM you or should i just post my questions here?Ā