Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

3 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Yeah somebody else recommended them to me.........to be honest i'm trying to see if i can host images from my machine rather than putting them on another site and that site doing the link....but although i can hold my own with tech i'm not that tech savvy so not sure how to go about it...it's a shame Google cant get there act together and sort out there photos app as that would be ideal....it works but only some people can see the pics

True Google or Amazon prime pics would be good but alas they don't appear to be hosting sites in that respect.  At least by my understanding, however I'm in way tech savvy!

Want to get this to the painting stage before the pzr 111 punch up starts...:boxing:

• Like 3

I could be wrong but as I understand it, for uploading photos, you need a host because if you take a look at the image insert tab, it requests a URL.  So if your photo file name does not begin with https://www,  Britmodeller will not recognize it.   Basically, your hard drive is not a web address.

That said, there is some software out there that purportedly can do this.   As stated, if your computer is not turned on, then photos would not be viewable by others.  It would be like a image host site turning their server off when they go to bed.   

Who knows the safety issues,  more liable to get hacked or viruses?  Is it worth the trouble?

https://www.labnol.org/internet/turn-home-computer-into-web-server/9111/

--------------------------

Back to the Tiger subject, that is interesting about the exhaust flap covers.  I always thought they opened up themselves when the engine was running, all dependent on the amount of air pressure escaping?   Apparently water pressure was enough to keep them closed if the tank was submerged?

http://tiger1.info/EN/Mufflers.html

regards,

Jack

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackG said:

Back to the Tiger subject, that is interesting about the exhaust flap covers.  I always thought they opened up themselves when the engine was running, all dependent on the amount of air pressure escaping?   Apparently water pressure was enough to keep them closed if the tank was submerged?

http://tiger1.info/EN/Mufflers.html

Quote from your link.........  In normal operation, the flap was held open by a pin pushed through holes in the hinge and the end of its arm.

I think when wading the pin would have been removed so the flaps would function as you said above ...water pressure to close and engine exhaust pressure to open

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Mr.Byrden explained it a bit better on another forum -  under normal use, the flappers were pinned open so as to avoid the possibility of gas build up in the exhaust. 

regards,

Jack

2 hours ago, Vaastav said:

The tiger is finished. Thanks to all of you great guys for the support and kind words. 

Nice to see it done mate and have to say looking very much like a big kitty......................well done bud :goodjob:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vaastav said:

The tiger is finished. 

Great to see another completed and with a commander in the cupola!

Glad to have you along Vaastav.

Cheers

• Like 3

Hello to all here at the Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD 

As a newbie here at Britmodeller, I wrote about my RFM Tiger in the first post.
Like many here, I spent a lot of time researching to find out if parts were welded or bolted and how what was mounted where at what angle.
I have the feeling that you can spend years on this and still not have a 100% replica in the end 🧐

Actually, it's not so bad - the main thing is to have fun 😀

Here are some Pictures from my article...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

p?i=e0f9328304c4de1a681ae8b921f1498d

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, THEscaleSHOW said:

Here are some Pictures from my article...

As one newbie to another - very nice Tiger! Hope my 1/72 effort looks half as good if ever I can finish it.👍

• Like 3

So this kit arrived today and having looked at the contents.....well let's just say it may be a while before I build this one. Don't get me wrong it looks a great kit but there's that many options i wouldn't know whether i was coming or going 🙄

spacer.png

spacer.png

Above my pay grade for now but a nice kit to keep for the future 🙂👍

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Andy J said:

So this kit arrived today and having looked at the contents.....well let's just say it may be a while before I build this one. Don't get me wrong it looks a great kit but there's that many options i wouldn't know whether i was coming or going 🙄

spacer.png

Above my pay grade for now but a nice kit to keep for the future 🙂👍

You lucky bugger !!

Can't even find that kit here, without going into the $100+ range ;)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Longbow said:

You lucky bugger !!

Can't even find that kit here, without going into the $100+ range ;)

Cost me £40 delivered mate....seems like a good price from what you're saying 🤔 

• Like 4

I can't remember what I ordered, recently, but I know more kits are coming today.....

Pretty sure it's Pz III and T34 items, but there may be a Tiger item in there, maybe....

Good to see some new posts in here, and a few new faces too !! :)

3 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Cost me £40 delivered mate....seems like a good price from what you're saying 🤔 

That is excellent, Andy !!

Studdy the instructions, decide on which one you'll build, and get cracking ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Longbow said:

I can't remember what I ordered, recently, but I know more kits are coming today.....

Pretty sure it's Pz III and T34 items, but there may be a Tiger item in there, maybe....

Good to see some new posts in here, and a few new faces too !! :)

That is excellent, Andy !!

Studdy the instructions, decide on which one you'll build, and get cracking ;)

Actually the kit cost £45 Lee just checked pre owned but still sealed until I opened it 🙂. Studying hmm I prefer just building but with a kit like this I guess I'll have to conform 🙂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Longbow said:

You lucky bugger !!

Can't even find that kit here, without going into the $100+ range

Dragon was one of the first companies to do specific Tigers.... and there is a group of people out there that like to cash in on those kind of models...they travel to all there local shops and buy all those models that they think will hold value then when the company announces that they will discontinue that kit these same people will put there hoarded stash on ebay at a 3-400% increase in price ..........sad but it happens a lot these days....what's really sad is that most of the time these people aren't even modellers there just in it too rip people off.

A friend of mine owns a shop close to me and recently had a stock of a limited release kit of some F1 car, the day he announced he had them in stock a guy walked in and took his whole stock of the shelf took them to the counter to pay and my friend told him he could have one if he wanted and to put the rest back........ended up having a huge argument with this guy until he kicked him out of the shop ...then the owner got on the phone to the other local shops to tell them to look out for this guy .........sure enough he tried the same thing at a number of other shops.

I guess it happens far more in the states than here ......i was on Ebay the other night looking at some of the Dragon releases and was stunned to see that the white box series they did are now selling for as much as £250 a kit...and it's always the same names on the listings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Dragon was one of the first companies to do specific Tigers.... and there is a group of people out there that like to cash in on those kind of models...they travel to all there local shops and buy all those models that they think will hold value then when the company announces that they will discontinue that kit these same people will put there hoarded stash on ebay at a 3-400% increase in price ..........sad but it happens a lot these days....what's really sad is that most of the time these people aren't even modellers there just in it too rip people off.

A friend of mine owns a shop close to me and recently had a stock of a limited release kit of some F1 car, the day he announced he had them in stock a guy walked in and took his whole stock of the shelf took them to the counter to pay and my friend told him he could have one if he wanted and to put the rest back........ended up having a huge argument with this guy until he kicked him out of the shop ...then the owner got on the phone to the other local shops to tell them to look out for this guy .........sure enough he tried the same thing at a number of other shops.

I guess it happens far more in the states than here ......i was on Ebay the other night looking at some of the Dragon releases and was stunned to see that the white box series they did are now selling for as much as £250 a kit...and it's always the same names on the listings.

It's not just kits mate, cars, art, antiques, memorabilia etc, etc, as interest rates are so low it's more beneficial to "invest" your money in something tangible rather than leave it in the bank...

Just because someone is asking £250 doesn't always mean folk are daft enough to buy them... irritating but not worth losing sleep over, imo.

What's even more surprising, no not you having a friend, no offence 😉, is  you having a nearby model shop...last one near here closed last spring.

Bit like a pub or a restaurant can't remember what an actual model shop was like!

Really miss all three and possibly in that order....

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

What's even more surprising, no not you having a friend, no offence

I'm hurt .................... so you can bite me tooooooooooo :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So am I right in thinking that the Dragon Tiger kit should have the figures with it ? 🤔

Yes i would think so does it say different in the destructions....if there not there it might explain why you got it cheaper than i've seen them on average

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Yes i would think so does it say different in the destructions....if there not there it might explain why you got it cheaper than i've seen them on average

Just found them Steve at the bottom of the box 🙄

spacer.png

Oh dear I need to learn figure painting skills as well now 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Oh dear I need to learn figure painting skills as well now 🤔

When you get some quite time go watch this guy he is a master and explains things really well .............. my figure painting has come on leaps and bounds since watching his content

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB_gAyEDsrr5NNVufPdGCNg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

When you get some quite time go watch this guy he is a master and explains things really well .............. my figure painting has come on leaps and bounds since watching his content

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB_gAyEDsrr5NNVufPdGCNg

Good idea Steve will do thanks for that 👍The thing is though where do I put them on the tank when finished as they are a group rather than individual figures 🤔

• Like 1

Good idea Steve will do thanks for that 👍The thing is though where do I put them on the tank when finished as they are a group rather than individual figures 🤔

There actually a copy of a famous photo of Michael and his crew standing in front of his Tiger....if i were you i would have a look for a cameraman and do a small vignette of that photo being taken...would look very cool...like a moment in history in 3D

• Like 5