Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

2 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Pretty sure it’s the Academy one, reboxed. 

it is, yes... think "ok for its age but not up to newer (more expensive) kits"... still tempted by it or maybe RFM

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Longbow said:

Plan for today is wheels and tracks....

Or at least.... Try lol

The kit tracks are fine for a Tiger in the Mud. 

But !!

96 links per side.... 5 (FIVE) clean up points per link !!

Didums.... 5 attachment points per link.....and ?

Is that all, sorry bud but if you've done Meng M4 links....

4 hours ago, Longbow said:

Picked up this at Barnes & Noble, yesterday. 
They keep a few Tamiya Magazines in stock, too. 

You get English language mags over there too!

2 hours ago, robw_uk said:

Anyone any thoughts on the Airfix 1/35 Early Tiger with Interior?

Airfix /Academy Tiger with an interior?

Sounds interesting, I'd assumed it was only RFM that did an interior Tiger!

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

So today's update and a bit more progress on the build. Upper hull almost complete other than lights soon be working on the turret 🙂

Things coming together smoothly so far and I'm enjoying the build. Looking forward to starting the painting and weathering though a little more work to do yet 😀 👍

Looks typical Tamiya, falling together despite your best intentions  ?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Didums.... 5 attachment points per link.....and ?

Is that all, sorry bud but if you've done Meng M4 links....

You get English language mags over there too!

Airfix /Academy Tiger with an interior?

Sounds interesting, I'd assumed it was only RFM that did an interior Tiger!

Looks typical Tamiya, falling together despite your best intentions  ?

Shows it's age in places tbh Darryl but still a decent kit 👍 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Omg !!

90% of the kit is a soft plastic, that reacts well to Extra Thin. 
The tracks are some super hard brown plastic that does not bond with super thin !!

What's the texture like 🤭🤭🙂

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Flip! That'll be another job to do if I go Dragon, which Dragon Tiger is it Bob, late with zimmerit ?

Hi Darryl, I've been away all day, I'm in a tier 2 area so I took my son his prezzies just in case there is a change to the rules over the next couple of days.  Stay safe folks,

Yes, those are parts of the Dragon late Tiger with zimmerit, too much blinkin zimmerit in some places! :nod:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Zack said:

I should have a spare "blank" if need be. PM me if required and I get one in the post for you when back on 28th.

Thanks for the kind offer Zack, but I have a spare front plate without zimmerit in my Tiger spares, with several Dragon Tigers in the stash there are always lots of spare bits. :winkgrin:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Minor update. 

*Trigger Warning: zimmerit ahead is highly improvised, using auto filler and the threads of a bolt. Please don't kill me. *

resized_79fab937-3876-4874-8970-51c78a8c

I know the zimm is a bit smudged in places, but it will be shown as damaged and broken there, so no sweat. 

resized_118e3a2d-ed0b-429b-a968-c35ed928

Mud will be applied on the front the zimm is a bit cursory. 

resized_4e25f067-7a7d-46cc-8986-8e0a6726

A hella lot of wheels

And on a light note. 

4a56c1ba-d1e0-4277-a4a1-61b3f0b2489f.jpe

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 20/12/2020 at 08:29, Jasper dog said:

As for Brad, he's in Tier 4 for the really bad lads!

Perhaps the new restrictions also cover electronic comms coming from the Southeast?

Well tier 4 has indeed caused a few problems, but we can live with it .................. Sorry not poked my head in ...have been working on the Panther...determined i will have paint on at the least by the time the GB is done.

Hope everybody is ok chaps.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Well tier 4 has indeed caused a few problems, but we can live with it .................. Sorry not poked my head in ...have been working on the Panther...determined i will have paint on at the least by the time the GB is done.

All good here Steve glad you're ok mate......though I did get a ticking off regarding my kit purchases but when I told Mrs J that "Steve told me to " she calmed down a little....until another one arrived this morning along with another Vallejo paint stand.....oops 😬 🤭 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Hi Darryl, I've been away all day, I'm in a tier 2 area so I took my son his prezzies just in case there is a change to the rules over the next couple of days.  Stay safe folks,

Yes, those are parts of the Dragon late Tiger with zimmerit, too much blinkin zimmerit in some places! :nod:

Hi Bob, I delivered a few presents to different family members yesterday morning and found the whole episode very depressing. Dropping presents at the front door, ringing the bell and more or less running off is no fun at all. I understand it's the same for everyone but this experience has bothered me greatly since yesterday. Sorry to be a miserable git and I realise this is a modelling forum but jeez I hate this bloody virus with a passion 🙄👍

• Like 5

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

Glad you’re okay, Steve !!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I understand it's the same for everyone but this experience has bothered me greatly since yesterday. Sorry to be a miserable git and I realise this is a modelling forum but jeez I hate this bloody virus with a passion 🙄👍

Know what you mean bud, same boat here. Coupled with the inevitable idiots stripping the supermarket shelves, haven't done the shopping yet, going to enter that circle of hell on way home from work 🤞

Stay safe everyone, heads down. 

• Like 4

So new paint stand in place and a slightly better organised work area 🙂. Roll on spring as I'm having a purpose built modelling room built within the garage to my own specifications 🙂👍

spacer.png

But for the time being this will have to do 👍

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

So new paint stand in place and a slightly better organised work area 🙂. Roll on spring as I'm having a purpose built modelling room built within the garage to my own specifications 🙂👍

spacer.png

But for the time being this will have to do 👍

Looks like a nice set up, Andy !!

• Like 1