Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

8 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

I think the hull is done..........i think.............. finished the drivers and radio operators hatches last night ......so its on too the turret

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Awesome work fella, is that the Aber set you are using for the hatch details? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

Awesome work fella, is that the Aber set you are using for the hatch details? 

Sup Dan ....yes mate but have to say compared to Voyager kits the Aber stuff looks a little clumsy ...if that makes sense..... but as i have so many of there kits i will use them and when i move on to newer projects i will start using Voyager almost exclusively as there stuff is more to scale and a little more "thought out" design wise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers Matt, found it ;) 

I'll just plug the MG hole and Job - Jobbed !! 

That's the one I think yes, that looks like a flat faced mantlet, I'm guessing that the 2 lumps on either end don't count, It simply refers to the area (armour thickness) around the sighting holes, I think.

If it's wrong don't blame me though lol:rofl: I know very little about Tiger 1's, I'm hanging around here to learn about Tigers ;)

And @M3talpig keeps stunning me with the quality of his Tiger build :thumbsup:

Matt

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, M3talpig said:

I think the hull is done..........i think.............. finished the drivers and radio operators hatches last night ......so its on too the turret

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

The details you're adding look excellent Steve so worth the effort. Stunning result mate 👌 👏 👍 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, M3talpig said:

And not before time, jeeez talk about dragging your heels....its only a flippin Tamiya Tiger after all..😉

Whats not to like or to be impressed with, how you get your fingers to manipulate such tiny parts is...well frankly the work of the devil!

So now you've dragged the hull out of the pentangle,  or whatever you use for your unholy alliance, let's see what he does with the turret for you. 

Superb work mate!

Hope alls well, nice seeing you back at the bench.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

And not before time, jeeez talk about dragging your heels....its only a flippin Tamiya Tiger after all..😉

Whats not to like or to be impressed with, how you get your fingers to manipulate such tiny parts is...well frankly the work of the devil!

So now you've dragged the hull out of the pentangle,  or whatever you use for your unholy alliance, let's see what he does with the turret for you. 

Superb work mate!

Hope alls well, nice seeing you back at the bench

It's all the work of the robot devil.....(futurama) Darryl, :D it's comin on well so far ..........while on the subject what are you doing at the mo.......don't see a thread up...or are you on a group build?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

It's all the work of the robot devil.....(futurama) Darryl, :D it's comin on well so far ..........while on the subject what are you doing at the mo.......don't see a thread up...or are you on a group build?

Mid panzer III GB, RFM kit and RFM extras...:doh:

Really good kit just ...high parts count, 50+bits to make the commanders cupola...:hmmm:

So the Tiger is on hold until I've cracked this one...or lobbed from the window!

EG, whats a crucial stage in the hairspray process??:wall:

Answer will be in the GB thread asap. :whistle:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Mid panzer III GB, RFM kit and RFM extras...:doh:

I shall pop over and take a look....was going to do my Panzer III but the Tiger has turned into a passion project and i don't feel the need to rush it ....but the Panzer III is slated as next on the table as i want to do it on a base with the Tiger.

• Like 1

A tad more done to the mid. The detail on these dragon -Cyber Hobby kits is sublime, over engineered -Hell Yeah 

but very detailed in every way. 

P1090602

RBM antenna base for the turret. 

P1090604

The commander cupola is a kit in its own right. 

P1090605

P1090606

P1090607

Plugged co-ax MG, doesn't need to be too tidy ! 

P1090603

I'll have to warm these up soon 🙂 

P1090609

P1090608

Enjoy 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

I'll have to warm these up soon 🙂 

......said the actress to the Archbishop!😉

(Someone had to say it....)

Looking very neat Dan, looking forward to seeing how you get on with the zimm!

Atb

• Haha 2

Work has started on the turret...all the missing welds seams added the escape hatch blanked off and the extra pistol port added and a retexture of the key parts of the armour ...and all the hatches blanked off......... next up for tonight hatches to be detailed and the side mounted bins to be soldered up plus a few other missing details on the mantlet and gun sleeve.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

I'm going to have to start at page 1 and go thru this whole build now

See you in about a month then.... :rofl: (and don't look at the 3rd piccy,...drill bits!!! ;))

@M3talpig As the other pig said (lol) Top class work, the extra detail behind the gun mantlet looks good, plus the flame cut edges.

@Dads203 Nice progress, those zim tools look very good.

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A bit more tonight, doesn't look much but quite a few parts are now part of the kit, so many 

with these Dragon kits it really slows down an already slow builder.

P1090615

P1090614

P1090613

P1090612

P1090611

And i think I'll use these.

P1090610

Enjoy 

• Like 9

You're right about the amount of parts Dan as I found out with my Wittmann Tiger but when they are all in place You're left with a fantastic looking build 🙂👍😉

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

You bu99ers....I've started looking at Tiger 1's on evilbay now......

That's the spirit....come join the party 🙂👍

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

You bu99ers....I've started looking at Tiger 1's on evilbay now......

(In my best darklord voice)

Yes Yes come over to the darkside young piglet.......... power ultimate power....................................................................of the 88mm :D

• Haha 4

Just now, M3talpig said:

(In my best darklord voice)

Yes Yes come over to the darkside young piglet.......... power ultimate power....................................................................of the 88mm :D

Brilliant....oh jeez my side's hurt....I may even have a wet patch 🤣🤣👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

A bit more tonight, doesn't look much but quite a few parts are now part of the kit, so many 

with these Dragon kits it really slows down an already slow builder.

Coming along nicely Dan :goodjob: ......... are you gonna be soldering all that brass or sticky stucking it with sticky stuff :D

Was gonna say that brass antenna is looking so lonely up there all on it's own

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Too much info Andy ....far too much....... :D

Well it was your fault...what an absolute peach that was...dear me I haven't laughed that much in ages 🤣