Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

12 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Ditto!

Apart from the one boot weirdness!

They are lurking but no real input.....

@M3talpig @LongbowCome out, come out wherever you are!

Sorry, Darryl.... I'm working 7 days a week, right now, and when I'm not working, I'm sleeping.

I've had time just to jump on, add a few likes, and a few comments, but no modeling done at all, lately. 

Stay safe, guys !! 

Edited by Longbow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Longbow said:

Sorry, Darryl.... I'm working 7 days a week, right now, and when I'm not working, I'm sleeping.

I've had time just to jump on, add a few likes, and a few comments, but no modeling done at all, lately. 

Stay safe, guys !! 

Suspected as much mate. Really was a heads up to let you know you aren't forgotten about.

Take care, stay safe and looking forward to seeing you back on the other side!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Andy J said:

Darryl have the figures arrived yet 🤔

Might have....:whistle:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Heads aren't quite Alpine but way better than the plastic ones, also included btw.

The helmets along with loads of personal kit included, reminds me of some of the Dragon sets at first glance.

Considering £13.99 inc postage big 👍 from me!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Heads aren't quite Alpine but way better than the plastic ones, also included btw.

The helmets along with loads of personal kit included, reminds me of some of the Dragon sets at first glance.

Yep I'll have me some of that mate 👍 👌 😉 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Yep I'll have me some of that mate 👍 👌 😉 

Hope they do more, so far, as far as I can tell, miniart only do two sets with resin heads,  these and....French Civilians! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ohhh, those head sculpts look good :hmmm:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hope they do more, so far, as far as I can tell, miniart only do two sets with resin heads,  these and....French Civilians! 

Well I've just ordered the same set mate 👍 👌 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Ohhh, those head sculpts look good :hmmm:

Cant argue with that, hope they do more!

Go on Dan get some, you know you want to!

Haven't got anything particularly in mind for them but....I suppose a Panzer III would suit. Sure I have one or two somewhere. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Might have...

Would they have worn the same uniforms in the Ardennes do you know Daryl? I'm thinking the Tamiya Jagdpanther commander I'm currently painting is looking a bit underdressed for December 1944....

Ta

Keith

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Would they have worn the same uniforms in the Ardennes do you know Daryl? I'm thinking the Tamiya Jagdpanther commander I'm currently painting is looking a bit underdressed for December 1944....

Ta

Keith

I'm no expert on it but my understanding is by late 44 uniforms could well be a personal mix and match type affair, particularly in cold weather.  So I don't see why not, wouldn't stop me!

(Saying that I'm happy to be corrected by anyone in the know).

I like some of the late pattern camo uniforms but the painting of them looks rather daunting so single colour has a definite appeal. 

Atb

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

by late 44 uniforms could well be a personal mix and match type affair, particularly in cold weather.

Thanks, that makes sense,a lot of things German had the appearence of being a bit that way late war. 

Sounds like a plan!

Keith

• Like 2

Ooooh, oooh, if Andy can do ....look what arrived today!

spacer.png

Very reasonably priced and half paid for by the sale of a couple of sets of ds tracks!

T'wasnt just the one set of miniart figures either....me bad!

spacer.png

I don't even like plastic figures....I guess more Hornet heads will be required!

• Like 6

Hi,
Another Tunisian?
Excellent sets of tank riders as well - need to check out MiniArts range...
Would be really cool if there was a set of those para's in the background of 131! Escape from Kirovograd?
2v2H8TWdNx6eHcV.jpg

I am debating with myself - the 131 or the Border Model early....

Good luck with your next build and stay safe
Zack

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Zack said:

Hi,
Another Tunisian?
Excellent sets of tank riders as well - need to check out MiniArts range...
Would be really cool if there was a set of those para's in the background of 131! Escape from Kirovograd?

I am debating with myself - the 131 or the Border Model early....

Good luck with your next build and stay safe
Zack

Hi,

No idea what I'll do with it yet, doubt it'll be Tunisian, possibly Italian. 

As for the Fallschirmjäger, no idea if they fought along side the 502 but the 2nd parachute brigade was present in North Africa. 

I just wanted the tank crew from Kharkov as they come with resin heads somehow the other two sets just "fell" into the shopping basket.....

I was interested in the Border Tiger but apparently and I haven't discovered what it has issues....

Cheers

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi,

No idea what I'll do with it yet, doubt it'll be Tunisian, possibly Italian. 

As for the Fallschirmjäger, no idea if they fought along side the 502 but the 2nd parachute brigade was present in North Africa. 

I just wanted the tank crew from Kharkov as they come with resin heads somehow the other two sets just "fell" into the shopping basket.....

I was interested in the Border Tiger but apparently and I haven't discovered what it has issues....

Cheers

It's a slippery slope Darryl 🤭👍

• Haha 1

Still pushing on with this, albeit slowly, because it's at the track stage.

Multipart indil-ink tracks, not my favourite but will make the most of them. Not sure how I'll get them to fit along the top of the road wheels as the gap will be quite tight for the guide horns. However,  according to a video clip I've seen it is possible to assemble the complete loop of tracks and fit them before securing the drive wheels....🤞

Plan being to assemble, paint and initial weathering prior to fitting.

spacer.png

• Like 10

@Jasper dog Looking good!
Like the way the camo came out - you are close now 😀

"Nachschub" has arrived.
2v2H85tQMx6eHcV.jpg
The release date was 1995 - and that does show.
Looking at the "boxart" you would think that there are 4 figurines included, and there are - sort off.
Two identical sprues with 2 sets of bodies, 3 pair of arms and 4 heads + 1 cat and a spare Panther roadwheel. 🤔

Stay safe guys!
Zack, cat keepers & crate makers Ltd.

BTW, were do I sign up with this new "old" arrival?
2v2H85tbFx6eHcV.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zack said:

@Jasper dog Looking good!
Like the way the camo came out - you are close now

BTW, were do I sign up with this new "old" arrival?

Hi Zack, close!

I wish, probably just over halfway... Surprisingly still quite a lot to do, including trying to work out the tool, cable, Jerry can and stowage arrangements..

I'll get the tracks done and fitted before doing anything else to it.

As for the Pz III, if you go to Panzer III STGB page in the GB section (below the 3D modelling section) you can sign up with it there.

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aurelien wolff said:

can I participate? I want to salvage my academy tiger I by doing him as a what if F04

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think this can justify tons of what if base on tiger I hull like mine http://tiger1.info/EN/Hydraulic-grilles.html

Of course you can participate mate looking forward to seeing what you do with this 👍 

thanks! I'll finnish my tiger H2 first ,then I'll do this one. I want to save the zimmerit I did with the decal,I'm rather proud of what I did even if it doesn't correspond to F13 photo .I've lost some part ,these will be remplace by the part not used on my dragon tiger H2 .As a source,I'll use the 2 volume of achtung tiger! from caraktère

spacer.png

while some interpretation are weird ,I still think it's a good book (that also talk about mechanical ,logistic and ressource problem of the tiger)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aurelien wolff said:

question :at what angle should I put the idler wheel pieces? (on my H2 ,it's marked B26 and the I got trapped by the instruction)

Thanks for your answer!

This may be of help. It's from a later version of the same kit, I think.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/3/5/3/239353-98-instructions.pdf

• Like 1