Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

56 minutes ago, Saeran said:

Which I hadn't read this part of the thread... one on the way to me too 🙄

That's the spirit....get in there my son 🙂👍

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Why at my age do I still look forward to these little moments, opening a new kit?

Probably for the same reason I do.

Edited by echen
  • Like 3

Problem is, I then can't wait to build it so I start it irrespective of everything else on the bench. Got 28 on the go at various stages of completion at present.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Just had an email that my Hannants parcel will be delivered today.:yahoo: Why at my age do I still look forward to these little moments, opening a new kit?

I think we're all the same regarding new kit syndrome Bob....removing the lid for the first time and looking through the contents is somehow magical methinks 🙂. Any road up my replacement compressor should land tomorrow along with another airbrush to add to the collection....about time I received a parcel 😉👍

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, echen said:

Problem is, I then can't wait to build it so I start it irrespective of everything else on the bench. Got 28 on the go at various stages of completion at present.

Don't worry you are not the only one, 20 or 30ish, I don't think its 40ish, but it might be. :mental:

• Haha 2

Sated my burning desire for new Tigers (and currently have 4 in progress and another 2 in the post), so been scratching another itch caused by reading build threads in this section. Got these two on the way now, so that is my fetish for Shermans taken care of  - I can do US, Polish and Soviet 76mm armed tanks from what I have bought this week (oh lord, just this week? :o )

spacer.png

spacer.png

I made sure I had plenty of cat food before I did it though, so the important members of the household aren't going short.

Andy

Even skinter. 

Edited by Foxbat
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Sated my burning desire for new Tigers (and currently have 4 in progress and another 2 in the post), so been scratching another itch caused by reading build threads in this section. Got these two on the way now, so that is my fetish for Shermans taken care of  - I can do US, Polish and Soviet 76mm armed tanks from what I have bought this week (oh lord, just this week? :o )

spacer.png

spacer.png

I made sure I had plenty of cat food before I did it though, so the important members of the household aren't going short.

Andy

Even skinter. 

It's a slippery slope my freind good job I'm the "Sensible One " 🙂👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

It's a slippery slope my freind good job I'm the "Sensible One " 🙂👍

It's an Andy thing - they wouldn't understand ;) :D :D :D 

Andy

The naughty one👍

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Foxbat said:

It's an Andy thing - they wouldn't understand ;) :D :D :D 

Andy

The naughty one👍

Correct....I'm sure they think we are reckless with our spending but they just don't understand 😉👍

Andy 

The Special Sensible one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andy J said:

Any road up my replacement compressor should land tomorrow along with another airbrush

Go on, spill the beans, what have you bought....?

I think my old faithful compressor might be on its last legs so might be looking for another soon.

K

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Go on, spill the beans, what have you bought....?

I think my old faithful compressor might be on its last legs so might be looking for another soon.

K

Sparmax TC 620X compressor and H&S Evolution CR Plus 2 in 1 Airbrush 🙂. Didn't really need the Airbrush tbh but the bundle price was very competitive and I like my airbrushes and I do use them a lot. The compressor allows you to have 2 airbrushes connected at the same time which i think is a great idea...plus you also get some nice extra do dads to play with 🙂. Don't think I'll sleep much tonight....its been a while since I received a parcel....about 3 hrs to be exact 😉👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Sparmax TC 620X compressor

Think that's the one I've been looking at too Andy, be interested to know what you think of it when you've used it for a while (let's say Friday....?!)

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

Think that's the one I've been looking at too Andy, be interested to know what you think of it when you've used it for a while (let's say Friday....?!)

Keith

I'll be using the sucker as soon as it's out of the box mate...just not sure what I'll be painting atm as the Pershing is almost finished but no doubt I'll find something to play with 😉👍. Will give you the heads up after a couple of days use 🙂👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Sparmax TC 620X compressor and H&S Evolution CR Plus 2 in 1 Airbrush 🙂

Where did you get them? I'm still using hairy sticks so a one stop airbrush package sounds like a good thing.

Andy

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Where did you get them? I'm still using hairy sticks so a one stop airbrush package sounds like a good thing.

Andy

Everything Airbrush Andy but it's not a budget set up there may well be cheaper decent options available however if you want something to use and you want some quality equipment then this isn't bad at all. Just out of interest whereabouts in the UK are you 🤔. Don't worry I'm not a stalker but I have some spare equipment that for a first Airbrush set up would work fine 🙂👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A little progress this afternoon. Every time I moved my Revell Tiger the gun fell off. Not very realistic, I thought.

There's nothing I can see in the kit to prevent this.

y4mDpRwFuyr5JT1kbThVs34RTQYdY_0okIzVQ5gt

So I made up a couple of plastic retainers to go behind the gun mounting pivots. 

Now it doesn't fall out any more.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Just out of interest whereabouts in the UK are you 🤔. Don't worry I'm not a stalker but I have some spare equipment that for a first Airbrush set up would work fine 🙂👍

I'm in Crook, a small town between Durham and Darlington up in the North East. 

Andy

• Like 1

Evening all. Im new to Britmodeller and I’m a little late to the show here but..I have stumbled across the group build and I would have got involved from the start had I known about it as I have been working on two tigers recently. Would it be naughty of me to share my work with you? One is still in the weathering process so it isn’t complete yet. 

Thanks

Alex 

Edited by A.R.1989
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, A.R.1989 said:

Evening all. Im new to Britmodeller and I’m a little late to the show here but..I have stumbled across the group build and I would have got involved from the start had I known about it as I have been working on two tigers recently. Would it be naughty of me to share my work with you? One is still in the weathering process so it isn’t complete yet. 

Thanks

Alex 

Hi Alex as this isn't an official GB you are welcome to join in the more the merrier 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, A.R.1989 said:

Alex, welcome to Britmodeller and you are more than welcome to join our merry band of...madcrazylunatics, dedicated modellers, no stress or deadlines,, we are just sharing our Tiger builds and having a laugh, at each other but mainly at ourselves.  If you need any advice or help with posting photos or anything else just ask, I'm sure someone will have an answer.  Again welcome and join in. :nod:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, A.R.1989 said:

Thanks

Alex 

As Mad Andy says the more the merrier, feel free to chip in with photos and the odd missive. 

Very few of us on this unofficial GB thread take it too seriously, you might noticed..

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

As Mad Andy says the more the merrier, feel free to chip in with photos and the odd missive. 

Very few of us on this unofficial GB thread take it too seriously, you might noticed..

Atb

Darryl 

2 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Alex, welcome to Britmodeller and you are more than welcome to join our merry band of...madcrazylunatics, dedicated modellers, no stress or deadlines,, we are just sharing our Tiger builds and having a laugh, at each other but mainly at ourselves.  If you need any advice or help with posting photos or anything else just ask, I'm sure someone will have an answer.  Again welcome and join in. :nod:

6 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Hi Alex as this isn't an official GB you are welcome to join in the more the merrier 🙂👍

Cheers guys. Your all very welcoming. I will add some photos once I work out how to do it. I only got back into hobby a year ago and have become a lover of all things Tiger so this thread was clickbait for me. 

• Like 5

Adding to the parcel sub thread I've opened the PayPal wallet today and spent.....

Not even bought a kit, even though still contemplating Tiki or a Chally II, but 9, yep 9 sets off Fruils....

Its Andy Js fault, his reckless abandon when it comes to spending is rubbing off!!

Not desperately exciting to open but nice to have...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4