Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

4 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Thanks Brad sorry Steve and to Andy @Andy J for getting this rolling and putting the thread up. Looking forward to starting asap, must at least get the Panther finished and hopefully the M4 first though....

In the meantime must stock up on Tigers, I've two more coming 🤞 RFM early version hopefully next week and another Dragon one. 

spacer.png

So glad I've a couple more coming....just a little annoyed I just found Dragon 6406 lurking at the back of the shelf, what's the Dragon Tiger I have coming.....

The Tamiya mid production one has the Atak zimm set with it and a set of etched fenders with it..

Decisions,  decisions....

If only the RFM tiger was an interior version:

spacer.png

As the majority of what I've got stashed is mid to late think I'll do an early one, Afrika Corp perhaps.

Lots more reference material coming soon I hope so might get a change of heart once I've dived into that lot....

Cheers fellas

Darryl 

just a few there Darryl.....

• Haha 4

That's not a stash, that's a shop. 😀

Before I start any building I need some decent reference material as I have zero on the Tiger. Any recommendations preferably with loads of line drawings and colour profiles?? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, echen said:

Hi Peeps. I've only got spacer.png for pics in last post. Is there something different I should be doing?

Welcome to the thread.....

If you're planning to build a Tiger I, then this is the place for you ;)

Post your build plans, kits, bits, reference material, as you see fit....

If you plan on making fun of Andy, then this is Also the place for you :D

Lee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Actually..... Reminds me of one of Steve's threads...... :D

You...(spits dummy clean out of pram) ...what.......well if that's the way it's gonna be...started early have we.... thought i was sleeping did we........... revenge will be swift and ....and ..............oh i can't be bothered.

Bloomin colonials...with ya high n mighty ....just because you can nut out a model in six seconds...i'll show you (ties on head scarf....sheethes blade ...loads several large caliber weapons....adds body armour ..all while very serious music plays in background) :mg:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Longbow said:

If you plan on making fun of Andy, then this is Also the place for you :D

OH WELL....you are in fine form this morning aren't you........sand in your tampon again ... sat on a bees nest did we........................ you do realise this means war.:poo: 

• Haha 4

Just now, M3talpig said:

OH WELL....you are in fine form this morning aren't you........sand in your tampon again ... sat on a bees nest did we........................ you do realise this means war.:poo: 

WE don't just have Bees here... We have Man Bees.....

MUCH bigger than your common English Garden Bee.... Much.... Bigger.....

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Before I start any building I need some decent reference material as I have zero on the Tiger. Any recommendations preferably with loads of line drawings and colour profiles?? 

http://www.alanhamby.com/changes.shtml

http://tiger1.info/

http://armorfortheages.com/MilitaryVehicles/TigerI/TigerI.html

and i have some books on my computer Stef so i can upload some stuff to Google Drive ..send you a link and you can grab them and keep them on your PC

And google images type in the specific Tiger or just Tiger 1 ...or Sd.kfz.181 or similar...the sheer amount of info available is amazing 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

What service are you using to upload too 

I wasn't trying to post, just looking at robw post that now has two pics in it where the spacer.png thingies sat before. Thanks for the invite to join but my skills and my 1/72 Revell Tiger 1 won't compare to what I anticipate will arrive here. I think I'll just watch and learn....................... for which I have abundant need.😀

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, echen said:

Thanks for the invite to join but my skills and my 1/72 Revell Tiger 1 won't compare to what I anticipate will arrive here. I think I'll just watch and learn.

Nope nope nope ....now you said something you gotta do a build....did i not mention that in the rules....well i just did so buy a kit and join in....best way to learn is to do...no excuses :D

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, echen said:

I wasn't trying to post, just looking at robw post that now has two pics in it where the spacer.png thingies sat before. Thanks for the invite to join but my skills and my 1/72 Revell Tiger 1 won't compare to what I anticipate will arrive here. I think I'll just watch and learn....................... for which I have abundant need.😀

Yeah... What Steve said !!

You're here now, and found the “post” button, so you may as well join in !! ;)

• Like 2

I only have a part built 1/72 Revell Tiger 1 but my stash needs some serious attacking before I buy any more.

Can this count?

y4mOxf7T10MP5MElE3LE57-qq5ZrwscdA98ARQZ2

Still got a long way to go.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, echen said:

I only have a part built 1/72 Revell Tiger 1 but my stash needs some serious attacking before I buy any more.

Can this count?

See i knew you could do it ....yes it does count....get that kit out and lets get some gloooooooo on plastic :D

• Like 2

Just now, M3talpig said:

Mr @Retired Bob is stalking i see ....come on now don't be shy .please come and join the madness :P

Stalking, moi,  One minute this is an idea next it's up to page 2, I was just catching up and thinking :hmmm:how many Tigers do I have in the stash, at least 5 so count me in. :yahoo:

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Retired Bob said:

Stalking, moi,  One minute this is an idea next it's up to page 2, I was just catching up and thinking :hmmm:how many Tigers do I have in the stash, at least 5 so count me in. :yahoo:

Thats a good chap now no dilly dallying lets get some pics of that stash there's a good fellow....carry on

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Thats a good chap now no dilly dallying lets get some pics of that stash there's a good fellow....carry on

You really want someone of my age out into the rain to rummage through the stash in the man-shed for a photo......how needy are you???:winkgrin:

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, echen said:

Can this count?

y4mOxf7T10MP5MElE3LE57-qq5ZrwscdA98ARQZ2

Still got a long way to go.

Yes indeed it counts welcome along 👍. There are a few here who can be a little ruthless with there comments but fear not I'm here to see fair play, you may refer to me as the sensible one 😁👍

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

WE don't just have Bees here... We have Man Bees.....

MUCH bigger than your common English Garden Bee.... Much.... Bigger.....

It seems you have your fair share of village idiots to 🤭👍

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

You really want someone of my age out into the rain to rummage through the stash in the man-shed for a photo......how needy are you???:winkgrin:

Very.... He's very needy :D

The Tiger I thread.... 90% Banter, 10% abuse..... Zero builds.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5