Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

2 hours ago, M3talpig said:

was thinkin about this scene ...is that an Opel in the background ...honestly not clued up on the softskins

spacer.png

Yeah I'd say that's an Opel Blitz, both Dragon and Tamiya do one.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Here’s a pic of a Tiger kit, before we all get banned 🤣

spacer.png

Hey, that's my kit!

Fancy doing it as an Italian campaign one in yellow and green, done with North Africa ones for now!

Does this mean you're back at the bench ? :frantic:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Longbow said:

Have you guys signed up for the M3/M4 group build ?

No not yet ....but not sure that what i want to build is going to be allowed.......was thinkin of asking if the M36 B1 would be ok as its essentially an M4 with the Jackson turret.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Longbow said:

I haven't had much luck with getting anything done, lately, due to work, but things seem to be slacking off a little. 

I was going to do a model of Junction 6 at Basingstoke but they told me to sod off and stop wasting their time.😀

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Stef N. said:

I was going to do a model of Junction 6 at Basingstoke but they told me to sod off and stop wasting their time.😀

1 hour ago, Pig of the Week said:

Genius mate !.. 👍

Stef that's brilliant! :rofl:

Thinking you're missing your vocation!

Perhaps try that one on PPP guys doing an M3/M4 build too, being colonials they'll have absolutely no idea. 

3 hours ago, M3talpig said:

No not yet ....but not sure that what i want to build is going to be allowed.......was thinkin of asking if the M36 B1 would be ok as its essentially an M4 with the Jackson turret.

See absolutely no reason why it should be disallowed,  great idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Longbow said:

I haven't had much luck with getting anything done, lately, due to work, but things seem to be slacking off a little. 

Yep signed up but it needs votes to get through the bunfight!

Be really good to see you back at it!

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

ICYMI. There was also this GB proposed for a couple of years time that you guys maybe interested in.

If it made it through I could be tempted by a Hetzer, Marder or one of it's late war derivatives. Unfortunately the early dunklegrau versions one do now't for me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Longbow said:

I found our Eastern European friend, on You Tube ;)

Sorry, I understand that this topic has already been discussed, but I found our Eastern European friend clip, in which the lyrics of the song were not censored, so I could not resist posting. :penguin:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Sorry, I understand that this topic has already been discussed, but I found our Eastern European friend clip, in which the lyrics of the song were not censored, so I could not resist posting. :penguin:

Wow Vytautas,  that's awesome and inspiring at the same time, wonderful heart felt lyrics. Must request that for the next BM karaoke night!

That tune is also used by one if the podcasts or YouTube channels I follow, just can't remember which one...🤔

• Haha 5

I'd like to report my Tiger I (Early) is weathered and that my Tiger I (Late) has the zim on ready for some paint - but I can't.

Can anyone tell me where mojos go when they take off and hide? And how to get them back from wherever it is that they go? :sad:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, echen said:

Can anyone tell me where mojos go when they take off and hide? And how to get them back from wherever it is that they go? :sad:

Oh my God!

These are fundamental questions of philosophy, such as "where does the money go?" or "where does the dust come from?". These are the questions. The answers to them do not exist...

Vytautas

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

Oh my God!

These are fundamental questions of philosophy, such as "where does the money go?" or "where does the dust come from?". These are the questions. The answers to them do not exist...

Vytautas

Money goes on kits. 
Dust comes from dead skin cells. 

There ya go, Mr. V ;)

Didnt know I was smart, did ya 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/11/2021 at 22:45, Jasper dog said:

Dam right, you can't rely on past glories fella, the great unwashed is on the rise!!

If its early I'd still suggest RFM, plenty of detail, no need for aftermarket. Unless you want after market tracks to replace the multi part indi-links.

Or go very late to avoid zimm again. AFV club do mid and late Tigers to in 1/32.

Most important thing is to have fun!

Thanks for your comments (and all the previous respondents), I've watched a few reviews and builds and have come to the conclusion RFM seem to be my way forward (balance between detail and cost and fiddly-ness).  I was looking at the early 5001 and 5050 for North Africa / Tunisia or the 5005 Fehrman.  I think I'll pass on the latter.  As they were drummed up from a training school you could get away with anything but there's little to actually back it up unless you tried to do F01 which has probably been done to death etc.  Too much pressure to get it right for me.

So I am going to go for the Early '43 North Africa / Tunisia with a couple of points below...

• It's going to be my Christmas pressie for my self so don't expect any posts until boxing day unless it arrives earlier and I just do a sneaky unbox
  • I still want to view the interior through both crew and engine hatches.  Not a diorama thing but also not like a full cut away thing showing everything
  • Oooh this means I may get the full interior version - yay
  • Oooh this means I may have to find where to find the full interior version
  • I'm 57 and the use of the term "pressie" is totally inappropriate (these bullet points were in no particular order)
  • What was the right shade of Dunkelgelb nach Muster again?

I think this will be a challenge but as you say, I think it will also be fun.

I'll keep you updated with where I find the kit and the prices.  The full interior model seems around £20 more than the basic.  Assuming (optimistically) that the build will take 3 to 4 months with all the details and painting etc will take probably just as much, £20 seems pretty insignificant.  Unlike most of you lot, I don't have a shelf full of part done models

Time for FULL disclosure,  I apologise for talking about actual models.  You lot seem to be far more interested in having a go at each other 🙂 

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, johnccc said:

Thanks for your comments (and all the previous respondents), I've watched a few reviews and builds and have come to the conclusion RFM seem to be my way forward (balance between detail and cost and fiddly-ness).  I was looking at the early 5001 and 5050 for North Africa / Tunisia or the 5005 Fehrman.  I think I'll pass on the latter.  As they were drummed up from a training school you could get away with anything but there's little to actually back it up unless you tried to do F01 which has probably been done to death etc.  Too much pressure to get it right for me.

So I am going to go for the Early '43 North Africa / Tunisia with a couple of points below...

• It's going to be my Christmas pressie for my self so don't expect any posts until boxing day unless it arrives earlier and I just do a sneaky unbox
  • I still want to view the interior through both crew and engine hatches.  Not a diorama thing but also not like a full cut away thing showing everything
  • Oooh this means I may get the full interior version - yay
  • Oooh this means I may have to find where to find the full interior version
  • I'm 57 and the use of the term "pressie" is totally inappropriate (these bullet points were in no particular order)
  • What was the right shade of Dunkelgelb nach Muster again?

I think this will be a challenge but as you say, I think it will also be fun.

I'll keep you updated with where I find the kit and the prices.  The full interior model seems around £20 more than the basic.  Assuming (optimistically) that the build will take 3 to 4 months with all the details and painting etc will take probably just as much, £20 seems pretty insignificant.  Unlike most of you lot, I don't have a shelf full of part done models

Time for FULL disclosure,  I apologise for talking about actual models.  You lot seem to be far more interested in having a go at each other 🙂 

John

You’ll fit in wonderfully, here, John ;)

We seem to be a tight knit crowd, and knitting is the operative word, for some of the miscreants participating 🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

This is a multithread about Tigers? All Tiger go in here?

They thought for a long time about how to make fun of those poor who want to find some kind of Tiger in the forum. In the end, they found the perfect solution - they put all the Tigers in one place, mixed them up and now it became impossible to find anything there.

Beware of them, they pretend to be good, but in fact, they are very insidious and cunning!

:rofl:

Vytautas

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, vytautas said:

They thought for a long time about how to make fun of those poor who want to find some kind of Tiger in the forum. In the end, they found the perfect solution - they put all the Tigers in one place, mixed them up and now it became impossible to find anything there.

Beware of them, they pretend to be good, but in fact, they are very insidious and cunning!

:rofl:

Vytautas

I'll be aware! They already tried me to go to the dark side! 🤣

Cheers

LM

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, echen said:

I'd like to report my Tiger I (Early) is weathered and that my Tiger I (Late) has the zim on ready for some paint - but I can't.

Join the club mate, I've so much other stuff going in bench time is pretty limited and when I do find some most of it spent trying to remember where I was up to!:mental:

A good starter I've found is having a good tidy up and finding a clean,  neat and well organised bench from under the chaos!

Good luck in the hunt!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2