Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

Only a few days work to do them. I'm in no rush.๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜€

Well done sorting the barrel liner out ...a barrel that big needs a bit of rifflingย  ย :goodjob: ........ as for the tracks ...good job your not in a rushย :D

• Haha 1

Well it's done and ready for primer and paint.......just two or three minor adjustments to make..... a few wingnuts missing and the wire holding the track to the front is too heavy gauge so will replace with a finer grade. I'm no photographer so forgive the blurry shots ...one of these days im gonna invest in a DSLR for doing this.

ย 

spacer.pngย spacer.pngย 

ย 

spacer.pngย spacer.png

ย 

spacer.pngย spacer.png

ย 

spacer.pngย spacer.png

ย 

spacer.pngย spacer.png

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

It's been a long road but hope you all like what you see.

• Like 14

6 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Well done sorting the barrel liner out ...a barrel that big needs a bit of rifflingย  ย :goodjob: ........ as for the tracks ...good job your not in a rushย :D

Underwhelmed with the etched metal liners to be honest. Will have to see how this one looks with paint. Next one I will try lead, plasticard or the nuclear option of a resin barrel.

ย 

Fantastic Tiger and I think we are all looking forward to seeing it get its paint coat. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Sturmtiger update. Very slowly working through it. The gun was "fun" and if you lose concentration it's easy to make a wrong move. The barrel liner was also fun. I tried using the broken parts but that was a disaster (I should have gone with the lead suggestion) so I got a new etched part which came with some side guards I was after. A bit of a gap still even though the set was designed for this kit. Nevermind, it's reasonably hidden anyway.

Nearly 200 of these to prepare now.๐Ÿ˜ญ

ย 

ย 

Nice work on the ST, barrel looks perfectly fine wouldn't worry about it. Think you've done a great job, just getting that etch in situ looks a real pain.

ย 

The RFM tracks are actually ok, did some for my kitty. Careful with the glue and they'll articulate which is really handy for fitting. I found it easiest adding the guide horns last after I'd joined all the links.

All that said I'm sure you'll find the way that works best for you.

ย 

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Well it's done and ready for primer and paint.......just two or three minor adjustments to make..... a few wingnuts missing and the wire holding the track to the front is too heavy gauge so will replace with a finer grade. I'm no photographer so forgive the blurry shots ...one of these days im gonna invest in a DSLR for doing this.

Ay-up! He's been at photoshop again, he's good I'll give him that. I'm no forensic expert on these matters so can't find how the deviant has doctored the photos of the original; removed the figures, sharpened the pics and re-coloured but come on fella play the game, fess-up!

ย 

Nice work mate, got your dulux emulsion handy to splash some paint around?

ย 

Good luck,ย  dont do anything rash!

ย 

ย 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Ay-up! He's been at photoshop again, he's good I'll give him that. I'm no forensic expert on these matters so can't find how the deviant has doctored the photos of the original; removed the figures, sharpened the pics and re-coloured but come on fella play the game, fess-up!

ย 

Nice work mate, got your dulux emulsion handy to splash some paint around?

ย 

Good luck,ย  dont do anything rash!

ย 

ย 

Six inch brush and a big pot of dulux is standing by......ย :D

• Haha 1

Looks really fantastically good! I really like the towing cables, everything else, of course, as well.

ย 

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

Six inch brush and a big pot of dulux is standing by......ย :D

Donโ€™t mess with the small six-inch brushes, take the eight-inch, will be much faster!ย :D

ย 

Vytautas

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, M3talpig said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Absolutely First Class Steve !! Fantastic job, all around !!

ย 

Now.....

ย 

ย 

Step, away, from, the, trash, can......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Very pooer Mr Pigg, very pooer.. :)

ย 

...nah seriously it's a cracker..๐Ÿ‘.

I particularly like the untidy hawser cables etc.. On many models these are stowed way too tidy to look real, I know when we've been using such cables in real life they've got flung back in the truck very roughly, and I can't see a bunch of panzer blokes being much different in their attitude !

This is going to be awesome when painted..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pig of the Week said:

I particularly like the untidy hawser cables etc..

Many thanks fellow oinker...... yeah they needed to be a bit of a mess and the photo of the rear of 213 shows at least one of the cables is being actively used.....when you think about the weight these things had to put up with and the stretching and twisting its very unlikely they would look pristine for longย 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vytautas said:

Donโ€™t mess with the small six-inch brushes, take the eight-inch, will be much faster!ย :D

ย 

top advice there that money just can't buy........thanks budย ย :rofl:

• Haha 3

While i'm here has anybody got an Opel Blitz they wana part with....... would like to do one and would rather put the money in a fellow modellers pocket rather than a shops.....let me know if ya got outย :coolio:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

top advice there that money just can't buy........thanks budย ย :rofl:

ย 

I don't want to brag, but I am really very friendly, if I can, I always help! I am always glad if I can help.ย 

:rofl:

ย 

Vytautas

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

While i'm here has anybody got an Opel Blitz they wana part with....... would like to do one and would rather put the money in a fellow modellers pocket rather than a shops.....let me know if ya got outย :coolio:

I think i have 3 Italeri but ill need them all. ๐Ÿคฃ

Cheers

LM

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Well now that's just being greedyย ย :D

Well at least 2 are already started... I start everything and then they stay like that. I also was testing the fit of a... Tiger I 1/16.... that's becoming ridiculous!๐Ÿคฃ

Cheers

LM

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

I also was testing the fit of a... Tiger I 1/16.... that's becoming ridiculous!

I'm sorry but you're not allowed to mention in progress Tiger 1's unless you also show pictures .......its a rule ....(one i just made up just now)ย :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Lazy Modeller said:

So sorry about that! Don't want to brake the rules! So...๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿคฃ

P1140779.jpg

Cheers

LM

Good lord ....you forget just how big 1/16th is till you see it next to a 35th scale .......now no more excuses Mr lazy get on with it i wana see a build thread for that bad boyย :P

• Haha 1

Nah will not start it now....well do not know... I already started one in 1/16 maybe... who knows? I'mย  totally crazy in what matters starting the builds, but finishing that's another thing.ย  So I must wash my mouth wit soap and say I will not stat anything more before finishing the others!

... I did say anything about starting more? Anyone heard that? ๐Ÿคฃ

If you think this is big you must see the Abrams my kid started, that is really BIG! But he sadly learned with me.... and didn't finish it.๐Ÿคฃ

Cheers

LM

• Haha 3