Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

5 hours ago, Hamden said:

@Longbow your work never ceases to amaze me, your attention to the smallest detail is second to none!

Stay safe           Roger

Well, Thanks Roger !! But I’m pretty sure that a lot on here have me beat on the detail...

This is basically out of the box. 

The guys over at the 109 Group Build are killing me !!

This is what my bench looks like after cleaning. 
I just need a few brackets for the Tiger to be ready for paint. 
The War Pig on the left is about 50% build complete. The Trumpeter IS-2 early. 

spacer.png

• Like 8

How is your plane building? I haven't made one for years. A mess of a Spitfire put me off but having learned a hell of a lot over the last few years it maybe something I should look into again. One day.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

How is your plane building? I haven't made one for years. A mess of a Spitfire put me off but having learned a hell of a lot over the last few years it maybe something I should look into again. One day.

It’s not going well :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

It’s not going well

Mine too. trying to finish an Arado float plane I started three years ago. Not good. 🥴 Wingy-things don't seem to have the same interest like they did.......

• Haha 1

Can't say that I could be bothered with plane models tbh, obviously I made a load of Airfix as a kid , but after discovering Tamiya 1/35 tanks and the like I never made another aeroplane thing..  :)

...that said I've got a 1/35  V1 bomb to make at some point, but I don't really count that !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'd add that I'll probably have the V1 flying bomb on the back of a lorry or something ( hmm nice maultier maybe? ).. In transit of course, they didn't launch them from the back of vehicles in real life ( as far as i know) ..as they needed a long ramp and booster assisted take off !

Edited by Pig of the Week
  • Like 3

I think they do that set up in 1/76 scale, I've not seen a V2 in 1/35 though wouldn't be surprised if it was out there somewhere..

I had bit of a look round after mentioning V1 on lorry thing.. I can't find any pics of them in transit at all oddly enough.. Theres a few with them on the little trolley with ground crew but nothing showing them being transported..I'd think en masse from factory they'd go by rail initially, but they must have had them on vehicles or even trailers to get to launch sites  If anyone has any intel that'd be most interesting 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

I guess we have been doing roughly the same thing.😀 The only thing I found turned out to be a b&w photo of a model but no real ones.

You too eh !.. It's crazy really as they must have been moved about on trucks / lorries at some stage between factory and firing ramp. It can't be that they were "so secret" no one took pics either, as many pics exist of them in all different scenarios.

I'm especially intrigued by this now !

The V1s wings were certainly easily removable for transport, and were stuck onto a simple rod/ spigot and by the looks just secured with a screw !

In fact there's footage of this, if I could beg the court's indulgence here i can post an interesting German wartime film covering V1 and how it works !

• Like 5

On 04/06/2021 at 21:46, Stef N. said:

Not a V1 but this would look cool.

spacer.png

I've got the front half of that on the shelf waiting for me to finish it. It's bigger than some of my little tanks. One good thing about v1/2 rockets is that theres no need to do any weathering - single use means they can look brand new.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ned said:

I've got the front half of that on the shelf waiting for me to finish it. It's bigger than some of my little tanks. One good thing about v1/2 rockets is that theres no need to do any weathering - single use means they can look brand new.

This would fill your model shelf rather quickly.😀

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stef N. said:

This would fill your model shelf rather quickly.😀

spacer.png

Well that's just silly. I don't have enough shelf space for anything bigger than a Panzer III. I suppose I could remove a few of Mrs Ned's ornaments from the mantlepiece and put it there instead, but that might not go down too well.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

1/35 scale !!!!  That's seriously tempting.

I can't find it now but I don't think it was ridiculously priced. There's also one with the crane...... 

• Like 1