Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

3 minutes ago, Longbow said:

The GIF definitely shows two separate coverings, one each side...

Im not sure if I can post a GIF. 

Agreed ....and there only tied down across the middle of the tarps as there being blown up at the rear ...... i would say two smaller tarps over the intake grills probably from the top grill behind the turret to the last grill on the back....one for the left grills and one for the right grills

• Like 1

Ok found what i was looking for ...sorry am updating as i find the reference stuff.....

(A) in the pics shows the early lugs......think these might be the ones you need

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

So lets start again ......... :rofl: The above pic was the 42 factory mods for the tarps ...the six I referred to earlier on the hull sides were unit specific field mods

and the two at the rear of the turret forward of the engine hatch were later factory mods......hopefully I got that right this time :pray:

• Like 1

Morning campers :D

Im still following along but do not have much time for building I’m afraid, we are having a new kitchen installed, pretty much a straight forward job for most people but here in the Dads household it’s not as easy as that. We are removing most of the structural walls downstairs just for a bit of fun, obviously replacing them with a huge amount of steel before anyone says. 

So it might be a while before I can get back on my Tiger build chaps :huh:

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Morning campers :D

Im still following along but do not have much time for building I’m afraid, we are having a new kitchen installed, pretty much a straight forward job for most people but here in the Dads household it’s not as easy as that. We are removing most of the structural walls downstairs just for a bit of fun, obviously replacing them with a huge amount of steel before anyone says. 

So it might be a while before I can get back on my Tiger build chaps :huh:

Good luck with all that...rather you than me..!!! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

We are removing most of the structural walls downstairs just for a bit of fun, obviously replacing them with a huge amount of steel before anyone says. 

Don't use steel mate... I heard that stuff is a bit heavy... Try some 1mm plasticard trust me it's all ya need... supporting walls and all that... its all a bit of a myth

:poop::poo:   :goodjob:

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Don't use steel mate... I heard that stuff is a bit heavy... Try some 1mm plasticard trust me it's all ya need... supporting walls and all that... its all a bit of a myth

What Dan really needs, is a Truss.... :D

A supporting undergarment.....

Used to be made from Whale Bone, but I think plasticard will suffice ;)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Ok found what i was looking for ...sorry am updating as i find the reference stuff.....

(A) in the pics shows the early lugs......think these might be the ones you need

spacer.png

Looking at this picture Steve, if the loops were in the same place, I can see the covers being place over the tow ropes, and just thrown mack, or moved to the side, if the tow cables or fire extinguisher are required....

Thoughts ?????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Looking at this picture Steve, if the loops were in the same place, I can see the covers being place over the tow ropes, and just thrown mack, or moved to the side, if the tow cables or fire extinguisher are required....

Thoughts ?????

What year is your vehicle ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Its an early mid.... No Zimmerit.

What theatre or battle ...or the year of said theatre battle...might help to narrow down the possible build

• Like 2

January of 43 the position of the tiedowns were changed again....but then as far as I can tell remained the same till 44 when the steel wheel Tiger got the extra two fitted... I would think that the tarps were simply layed over whatever was on the deck... not tucked under anything 

spacer.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Don't be absurd Mr Pigg... He needs 3mm plastic card...this is Structural work.

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

Don't be absurd Mr Pigg... He needs 3mm plastic card...this is Structural work.

I stand corrected...........of course your right:drunk::rofl:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Longbow said:

Skirts are on. 
Time to dry. 

Shaping up to be another great build. Looks really good from here.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^^ That's perfect for a barn find build, which are all the rage at the mo... apparently :hmmm:

I've got a Chunder Models Scammell Pioneer Recovery that I plan on doing as a barn find job, when I say plan, I mean I've got the kit and looked at the wheels/tyres and thought how the hell am I gonna make them look flat as a fart... then I just put it all back in the box and forgot about it...

Matt

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

^^ That's perfect for a barn find build, which are all the rage at the mo... apparently :hmmm:

I've got a Chunder Models Scammell Pioneer Recovery that I plan on doing as a barn find job, when I say plan, I mean I've got the kit and looked at the wheels/tyres and thought how the hell am I gonna make them look flat as a fart... then I just put it all back in the box and forgot about it...

Matt

Chunder models.. !!!  🤣

• Haha 2