U-81 Revell Type VII C U-Boat 1:350

Whilst waiting for the Christmas holidays to start my Fw190 I stumbled across something whilst researching MTO naval attacks.

U-81 sinking the Ark Royal aircraft carrier....

50722785441_ab5fb03de1_b.jpg

• Like 4

And the paint set has arrived. I really like lifecolor paints and this is Kriegsmarine set 2 for U-Boats.

The kit has lovely details even though it’s quite dainty.

50729618723_036d4088e2_b.jpg

• Like 4

Looking like a U-Boat already. A must is a pair of very good nippers as the parts are so fine coming off the sprue. Let this set then I’ll tackle the winter garden railings and then think about primer

50734571736_5cfe945a46_b.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Fully built and its is incredibly well detailed. Last part on the instructions is to attach the net cutter at the front......it’s part 15 and not on the spure that has parts 3-14 and not on the sprue parts 16-26.....it’s on the spure with the hull halves and deck! And mine went in the dusty bin. 
ive called the Luftwaffe and they have provided a spare 109 engine exhaust dampener which I think will do the trick...

50766425153_4fe008173a_b.jpg

Blue grey camo on plus rough deck, both colours from the Lifecolor U-Boot set. I think once I’ve pin washed the magnificent detail on this tiny kit it will look pretty nice

50780474301_4a2fc9410a_b.jpg

• Like 5

I really don’t want to over weather this one, somewhere between a sea salt sun bleached look for U-81....

I have filled the flood vents with tamiya black panel line accent and used mig rust oils for the rusting. The mig buff oil I’ve used to try my hand at the water mark weathering think it looks ok. 
Think if I get the decals on it will stop me mucking about too much

50804135707_259c10746d_b.jpg