CL-215 fire bomber

Thanks guys!

I was looking at reference images, the instructions call for "Brunswick green" for the green areas, and "Marine blue" for the engine nacelles. My reference pics seem to be burnt black on the engine nacelle tops and dark green below...I guess it's not the first time color call-out's have been off. I also noticed I made a mistake in using the recommended fold away underwing landing lights, the plane I'm building is supposed to have rectangular lenses in the wing leading edge with two landing lights per side (drat!) also, the plane has spinners (not included in the kit, but thankfully the scrap Twin Otter I used for parts on the one I completed are surplus. I cut off the prop hubs and drilled out the spinners to fit these props. Work continues with sanding, I found a few issues that appeared with the gloss paint on that weren't apparent previously.

The props in progress;

fnhjMbX.jpg

I've also painted the engines and have begun adding some detail to help them look a bit better, push rod tubes are being made right now. (pics later)

6oI2376.jpg

• Like 6

Chris,

Question re: Saskatchewan markings.  Are you custom making yours or did you find a commercial source?

Ontario and Newfoundland are out there commercially as aftermarkets and I think the one kits has Quebec as a -415 (Amodel 1/144?) but don't see much for the other provinces/territories.

Also Croatia, Italy, Malaysia and a couple of others floating about.

foresterab

I got the ugly seams dealt with and the gloss white paint touched up, I began getting the gloss dark green on where I could (no masking) I will leave the fresh gloss white another day before masking to put apply the green hull bottom, wing tips etc.

The engines with .020" solder for push rod tubes;

VzbaD8n.jpg

The fuselage, patched up and re-painted. I really need to start taking pics with my phone, the camera is much better than my Canon DSLR

p84vw18.jpg

vUZjrrk.jpg

The "Brunswick" green...or at least my version of it.

N6PjEJx.jpg

AZkdEES.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 10

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words!

A marathon of masking and the overall green is on, I'll let this set up (dry) a bit before allowing my usually impatient self from handling it too much and ending up with a thumb print in the fresh paint.

1Mj8pS5.jpg

YxUBTYH.jpg

That's all I've got for now

Thanks for looking

• Like 5

well...wait no longer, the masking just came off (overspray mostly polished out where it happened) and beginning to move ahead with assembly again.

I painted the nacelle's two tone blue (both dark blue, one metallic) and mixed the blue with equal parts black

FBbVeDx.jpg

IW0QHxM.jpg

vJjLd12.jpg

The tape on the bottom is to protect the finish until the wheels can be attached

Thanks for looking

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Moa said:

That's a truly beautiful model! And in record time! And of a plane that does wonderful things and renders a very useful service!

Excellent job and ably dealt with the tricky parts.

Now I REALLY want one of those 😁

Thanks! Coming from a true master of civil aviation I’ll definitely accept that!!

6 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

That looks outstanding! :thumbsup:

thank you very much!

4 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Wow! That came out great, even with those Saskatchewan markings! ( sorry, as I've been in Alberta for 40 years, I couldn't pass up a dig at our eastern neighbour ).

Chris

Ill take that , thank you, at least you didn’t say from the province you can watch your dog run away from home for 4 days, 5 if you stand up!

Maybe the 415 now...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chrispisme said:

Ill take that , thank you, at least you didn’t say from the province you can watch your dog run away from home for 4 days, 5 if you stand up!

Much like the Texas panhandle!

• Haha 2