1/48 - Państwowe Zakłady Lotnicze (PZL) P.11c by Arma Hobby - released

Homebee

I still think that ArmaHobby's representation of P11c remains, despite everything you can say about it, much more delicate than your garbage prose which, I still dare to hope, does not reflect the image of your country...

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, madcop said:

I still think that ArmaHobby's representation of P11c remains, despite everything you can say about it, much more delicate than your garbage prose which, I still dare to hope, does not reflect the image of your country...

And this, folks, is the classic example of if you don't have good counter-arguments, go for ad hominem.

• Like 4

On 1/23/2021 at 11:05 AM, HKR said:

So you got caught up in the propaganda that this model would be perfect. Or, rather, the wishful thinking of potential recipients.
It seems that AH focuses on ease of assembly, at the expense of details reproducing the original. In addition, (same as in their 1/72 kit), it can be seen that they do not want to make the wing so that it looks realistic. Instead they forcefully introduce their thoughts - like recessed lines instead of lap joints.
On the pictures above, I see a strange combination of a raised strip and a recessed line on the wing, instead of a flat strip between the corrugated sheet panels.

How it should be:

UVugI5jl.jpg
There are no strips at all on the tail, just deep lines?

hw1sfbSl.jpg

First I'll say that this has got to be better than the alternative. A fair chunk of this thread is about an error that doesn't appear to be on the kit. Then there's this.... So the wingtip to wingtip lines are a fair attempt to show a panel line just as with 99% of other kits, yes it's overdone, they always are, in real life the gaps are so narrow that they're almost not there but a model looks silly without the detail. For a brush painter they'll tone down nicely, as they always do, under paint.

Lap joints for the front to rear joins. It looks like Arma have offered a raised wedge for the overlapping metal, then a line to enhance it. They've tried. However look at the tail photo and the leading edge, I don't see any change in height to speak of between the fine corrugations and the lapped area. If you really are bothered then use a real life trick. Thin strip of foil where the lap occurs. on the folded edge run a drill shank to curve the edge down. Leave the other as a clean edge. Simply tape two blades side-by-side to get the width correct. Total time to fix maybe an hour or two. I see that as a good use of time and an opportunity to make your model different. Much better than hours of weathering, washes, pre-shading and the rest which will never look like most aircraft ever have looked.

At the end we make self-assembled toys save your anger for things that matter like corrupt politicians or those who leave empty toilet rolls in the bathroom.      

• Like 5

11 hours ago, madcop said:

First go and read what you have written about Eduard and Special Hobby's Bf 109E on this forum, and then accuse others of "garbage prose".

Edited by caughtinthemiddle

3 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

The point is still that we should not be fixing what the manufacturer should and could have done right in the first place. And they can do better, I have their F2F kit.

"They've tried" doesn't count if it isn't free.

Well no one is forcing you or anyone else to buy the kit from them. There has been a lot said in this thread and if you dont like the kit then just move on, dont buy it and dont stress about it. 

Already one person is having a holiday because of this thread so can we all please just move on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

First go and read what you have written about Eduard and Special Hobby's Bf 109E on this forum, and then accuse others of "garbage prose".

He was referring to remarks which have been deleted because of their offensive content. Please don't go there or continue with this as its getting to much in this thread.

8 hours ago, Julien said:

He was referring to remarks which have been deleted because of their offensive content. Please don't go there or continue with this as its getting to much in this thread.

Whilst that is true in this particular thread. @caughtinthemiddle is referring to all the times @madcop feels the need to vent his spleen every time Eduard is mentioned, sometimes verging on personal remarks about Mr Sulc.

• Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Państwowe Zakłady Lotnicze (PZL) P.11c by Arma Hobby - released

Released - https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/3937260309637630

P.11c kits 1/48 scale are on the way to modellers. Today Marcin Ciepierski presents tricks on P.11c cockpit assembly on armahobbynews. So let’s see and do not hesitate to comment or ask a question.

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2021/02/03/p-11c-w-1-48-cockpit-assembly-step-by-step/

V.P.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 1:18 PM, SleeperService said:

How many more are off seeing if mail from Poland to their country is working at the moment?

I realize this referred to the UK but just in case US readers are around I just ordered from Poland some photo etch and it arrived faster than some orders placed within the country.  I have to compliment their postal system, it seems to be working great.

• Like 2

I received my kit yesterday.

The panel lines are as expected somewhat finer than shown in the photos.

It is better than the (older but cheaper) Mirage kit, especially the fuselage (even if we consider the missing panel line). Forward fuselage shape is way better.

The only subpar part is the oil radiator. Here the Mirage kit white metal part wins over the somewhat chunky Arma plastic part. Resin or 3D printed part would have been apropos for the expert boxing. Part has a PE set where you glue the radiator fins in the sandwich style.

Wing details are about the same, including scribed lines.

Wheels and struts are better in the Arma kit.

Cheers,

Vedran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dragonlanceHR said:

The only subpar part is the oil radiator. Here the Mirage kit white metal part wins over the somewhat chunky Arma plastic part.

Mirage Hobby has resin oil radiator. White metal part - that would be clunky (usually most white metal parts are clunky) !

Regards, Michal

Edited by socjo1