Eduard Spitfire F Mk.IX Tunisia June 1943 ** Finished **

This is my entry for the MTO GB III. On my adult return to modelling I've built a Mk.I and a Mk.Vb so this is a natural progression and I rather like the Mediterranean colour scheme. This Eduard kit is quite fancy, it will be my first go with photo etch parts 😀

50718824177_06d2269369_c.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome to the build Tommy and welcome back to the hobby, looks a nice kit if you have any questions about the build or techniques. leave a comment and there are plenty on the build that can give advice.

Need to get a little bit of a wriggle on and have made some good progress this weekend. This is my first Eduard kit and my goodness the level of detail is astounding. The cockpit is finished and my first experience with PE was relatively successful (nothing lost so far!). It feels like I've been working on the innards of very small watch all weekend - talk about macro! Now the fuselage is together and the wings are forming it feels like we're getting there. I haven't got any Middle Stone or Azure Blue, they're on order and fingers crossed they arrive next week...

50739638768_7c6b94ec9e_c.jpg

Edited by TommyF
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Middle Stone and Azure Blue have arrived 😀 and cracking on with painting. First coat of satin varnish today, decals should be on by Saturday afternoon and then final bits, bobs and canopy to follow - nearly there!

50813844346_0ae5f8cc40_c.jpg

• Like 5

Better late than never :) Really enjoyed this very detailed kit. First time with PE parts - some bordering on microscopic in size! Only problem was the front canopy part splitting in two whilst trimming.

50838322916_f5b5a02a34_c.jpg

• Like 8

• TommyF changed the title to Eduard Spitfire F Mk.IX Tunisia June 1943 ** Finished **