New 1/72nd Airfix Spitfire Mk.Vc

tonyot

If you have access to FRB you may want to take a peak into some of the artwork on this [age

Golden Eagle Artwork | Facebook

Scroll down past the Macchis and you will find 2 squadron SAAF

It looks great Tony.  I've put in an order for one today but I think there'll be a few more in the future as the version has so many intersting schemes.  Could I ask what you use for representing paint chips?  It looks very convincing.  I've been using a silver pencil but often they get a little lost once the varnish (Klear in my case) gets applied.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 7:34 AM, Cookenbacher said:

Well that does it, with the TonyOT seal of approval, I'll have to pick up a few of these. Wonderful build Tony, and glad Airfix gave you your due.

LOL,.... crikey no pressure then,.... I`m sure you`ll love the kit,..... the spinner could do with a bit of sanding to shorten it slightly at the tip,.... just compare it to pics of the real thing. 

22 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

It looks great Tony.  I've put in an order for one today but I think there'll be a few more in the future as the version has so many intersting schemes.  Could I ask what you use for representing paint chips?  It looks very convincing.  I've been using a silver pencil but often they get a little lost once the varnish (Klear in my case) gets applied.

Thanks mate,..... I totally agree,..... so many interesting schemes for this version compared to the Mk.Vb. 

Paint chips,.... a mixture of Humbrol enamel and a fine silver sharpie pen. 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2020 at 9:03 PM, stevehnz said:

That looks brilliant Tony, I've got one of these lined up as Weggery's one when I can get my hands on one or several. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve,..... yeah the two Mk.Vc`s that Weggery flew look great and with their differing roundels would look good side by side.

Happy New Year too mate.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:11 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Two big ticks from me as well Tony, a great build and thread with the usual excellent additional detail and reference material. I hope Airfix doubles their production run as I see many of these kits flying off the shelves. 
Cheers and thanks for posting here.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,.... much appreciated mate. 

Happy New Year too bud.

On 12/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, GMK said:

Lovely work, Tony. 

Couldn’t wait, so ordered direct from Airfix. Arrived last week & worth the wait. 

Thanks mate,..... hope yo enjoy yours too. 

On 12/21/2020 at 4:21 PM, Fredag said:

Keep at them Tony, after all they do owe you... and while you're at it, how about a 1/48 'C' wing for their otherwise very good 1/48 Mk.VB?

Thanks mate,..... nah they came up trumps and I had a phone call to apologise,..... all down to COVID apparently! Wouldn`t a 1/48th C Wing be nice for the Vb kit,.... I`d be well up for that,.... it would sell like hot cakes!! 

On 12/21/2020 at 7:51 PM, Ed Russell said:

I am sure they appreciate your work...........

Looking into my spycam at Airfix Santa's North Pole base, I can see them loading the co-ordinates of your chimney into the Crystal Ball Sleigh Navigation System and preparing a big box to drop!

With all those DK Decals examples there is not much point in Airfix doing that.

Thanks Ed,..... yeah Santa arrived with a suitably big box of goodies,..... so fair play to Airfix! The DK Decals are superb,.... but a RAAF option in a future boxing would be nice,.... one of the silver ones would be different or one of the early arrivals still wearing desert colours.

Happy New Year too mate.

On 12/21/2020 at 8:16 PM, Bedders said:

That looks great Tony. Must say I'm quite relieved that it built up so well - not have done so would have disappointed many of us and been damaging for Airfix. But it really looks the part to me, so with all the marking options to choose from (including for Seafires) I'll need to get a couple!

Justin

Thanks Justin,..... yeah it deserves to sell well and I hope you enjoy yours. 

• Like 2

Hiya Folks,.... a quick update,

Got the decals on last night!;

DSCF9428-NEW.jpg

And here is the Spit with its fellow members of the current production line!;

DSCF9432-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Beard said:

The Spitfire looks most excellent, as do the others.

Is that a KP Mustang on the top right?

Thanks mate,.... the Mustang is an Academy one with the fin strake,.... I`ll be adding rockets under the wings from the Airfix Beaufighter kit.

1 minute ago, tonyot said:

Thanks mate,.... the Mustang is an Academy one with the fin strake,.... I`ll be adding rockets under the wings from the Airfix Beaufighter kit.

Thanks, are you making a 250 squadron one?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beard said:

Thanks, are you making a 250 squadron one?

Yes mate,.... LD-Y,.... cannot find a serial for it though. It has a form of the firewall pattern camo scheme applied.

• Like 2

Looks like I'm definitely going to have to get a few of these Airfix Spitfire Vc's! The only quibble I have with it is the shape of the spinner for the DH prop, it seems a bit too bulbous for the Malta and RAAF aircraft.:hmmm:

Mike.

• Like 1