Flying Suitcase! 1/72 HP Hampden

TimT

2 hours ago, swralph said:

Lovely build.😀

15 minutes ago, Bangor Lad said:

Now that, I like! The weathering is great and typifies a well used airframe that doesn't look like it's about to fall apart!

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

Excellent piece of modelling, well done 👏 

Thanks very much, everyone - and Gazza too! Sorry, forgot to quote you! Your feedback is really appreciated!

Edited by TimT
missed info

4 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

I have to concur with my fellow BMers. 

A lovely rendition of the Hampden. Very tastefully weathered, and photographed. 

Very well done 👍

4 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice :)

Thank you both. And thanks for noticing the photography - still a skill I'm working on. Along with all the other skills I'm working on!

• Like 1

Superb, you've made stunning work of the tasteful painting & weathering. All you need now is a sky/ground photographic back drop & it could easily be a Charles E Brown photograph.

Apart from that excellent to see one built up. I'm only just thinking about building my AZ boxed version. Hope the decals are OK in there. Also mind me asking which paints you used?

martin

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Superb, you've made stunning work of the tasteful painting & weathering. All you need now is a sky/ground photographic back drop & it could easily be a Charles E Brown photograph.

Apart from that excellent to see one built up. I'm only just thinking about building my AZ boxed version. Hope the decals are OK in there. Also mind me asking which paints you used?

martin

Thanks for your comments, Martin! I used Tamiya paints throughout, heavily diluted. However, Mission Models make a transparent dust paint that is great for some subtle weathering over camouflage.

Good luck with you build!

Nice work :)
And a good dodge on the flimsy undercarriage & alignment :D  ask me how I know.

The AZ clear parts are a must on this kit @Lightningboy2000, make sure you have them.

Not your Tamiya shake & bake but with care and attention, builds up really well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Absolutely beautiful!!!  Hall of Fame level craftsmanship.  :worthy:

Mike

Thanks for the kind words, Mike! Much appreciated!

5 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Nice work :)
And a good dodge on the flimsy undercarriage & alignment :D  ask me how I know.

The AZ clear parts are a must on this kit @Lightningboy2000, make sure you have them.

Not your Tamiya shake & bake but with care and attention, builds up really well.

Thanks! Yes, apart from the undercarriage looking flimsy and awkward to build, I've never seen one built in-flight - and it looks so good in the air! I think the AZ clear parts + the masks are the only way to stay sane with this one.

• Like 1