Tamiya 1/48 Bf109 E Trop (in flight)

7 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

That’s a smart piece of modelling, like the sun bleached weathering, especially on the markings, good job!

Thanks! I love desert camo and weathering. It's a fun challenge to get it just right

Very neat number eight!

I wonder what has been leaking from the refilling hatch just fwd of the '8' on the stbd side, though. That's the refilling point for oxygen and it's especially important to keep it free from oil and grease…

Excellent modelling overall!

Kind regards,

Joachim

4 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very neat number eight!

I wonder what has been leaking from the refilling hatch just fwd of the '8' on the stbd side, though. That's the refilling point for oxygen and it's especially important to keep it free from oil and grease…

Excellent modelling overall!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Huh. My research had indicated that it was fuel filling port. This is actually my first 109, so I didn't know much about it. If that's the oxygen, then where is the fuel filler? Tank is behind and under the pilot, isn't it? 

13 hours ago, Bstarr3 said:

Huh. My research had indicated that it was fuel filling port. This is actually my first 109, so I didn't know much about it. If that's the oxygen, then where is the fuel filler? Tank is behind and under the pilot, isn't it? 

Hi! Yes, the pilot is virtually sitting on the fuel tank. The fuel filler is on the port side spine, shown by the yellow triangle with the legend '87' (indicating octane) just above the '8'.

The blue colour on the stb side cover indicates oxygen.

Don't worry – we all learn by little research mistakes. 😉

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Hi! Yes, the pilot is virtually sitting on the fuel tank. The fuel filler is on the port side spine, shown by the yellow triangle with the legend '87' (indicating octane) just above the '8'.

The blue colour on the stb side cover indicates oxygen.

Don't worry – we all learn by little research mistakes. 😉

Kind regards,

Joachim

Appreciate your reply. This is the kind of helpful and constructive criticism that makes us do better work. Cheers! 

• Like 1