Eduard FW190D-13 1/48

Hi all - my final completion for 2020 is the Eduard D-13 weekend edition. A nice kit if a little tricky in places - I like many others doing eduard’s doras struggled to get a good fit on the gunbay covers which if you want to display closed, requires a bit of surgery.  Other than that, things went together pretty smoothly. The scheme is what drew me to this and I was happy with how that turned out. I replaced some of the kit parts with wire and steel tubing, such as the gun barrels and pilot tube -added wiring to the wheel bay and added some pe seatbelts. Other than that’s it out of the box. Painted with mr color with enamels and oils for weathering. 

0rJq8MH.jpg

jdmKxBZ.jpg

pqz7ZjP.jpg
yWtyRDE.jpg

KgJbEdC.jpg

Q2VPOhH.jpg
HiC1kzm.jpg

t0IaOp1.jpg
KNqeyc9.jpg

esc3vA2.jpg

aFqOjUG.jpg
OBhonLk.jpg

8B7Ml3Q.jpg

l3jRB1G.jpg
sIIkFPE.jpg

• Like 53
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the kind comments guys 😊

11 hours ago, SaminCam said:

That's a beauty John, bet it looks great with your other luftwaffe builds. Hope all is ok on t'other side of the world?

thanks Sam - all in well down here in New Zealand. Just heading into summer now so hopefully lots of bench and beach time (in that order)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Could you list the hobby colours you used pl

please

Hi Walter - no problem: 

Mr Color 117 RLM 76 - underside

Alclad airframe aluminum 
Mr Color 121 RLM 81 - lightened this quite a bit as I used Jerry Crandall's book "Yellow 10" as my main reference and the paintings in that showed the RLM as being quite light
Mr Color 122 RLM 82
Mr Color 123 RLM 83
Nose colour: Mr Color 124 Dark green (mitsubishi) mixed with a little yellow - though this was as close I could get it / I'd look for a different shade if I was doing this again as I wasn’t 100% happy with how it turned out.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers

John