Academy B24D Liberator - Coastal Command

Lovely job,..... can I just say however that the fin flashes are missing from the inside of the fins,.... and this Lib had a wavy demarcation line but I`m sure you knew that re the `ease of masking' comment. It is very likely that it could have had your scheme applied after a deep service and repaint;

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/usa/aircrafts-2-3/b-24-bomber/liberator-gr-mk-iiia-lv345-e-parked-in-a-dispersal-at-aldergrove-no-86-squadron-raf/

A lovely replica of a `Coastal' Lib,

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

Love the way it's displayed. The additional vehicles and maintenance gear enhance the overall display very well.

Except a coastal command aircraft wouldn't be carrying a cookie! Anti submarine bombs would be more appropriate, but a small distraction from a great CC Liberator!

Selwyn

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good on ya for completing a Minicraft Liberator, which are not the easiest kits to assemble.  The Coastal Command livery is quite fetching.  The work stand is a nice touch-- is it from a kit or scratchbuilt?

My one quibble is the chipping on the leading edges where the rubber deicer boots would go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Except a coastal command aircraft wouldn't be carrying a cookie! Anti submarine bombs would be more appropriate, but a small distraction from a great CC Liberator!

Selwyn

It's a good job the RAF isn't relying on me to supply ammunition then! ;)

6 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Good on ya for completing a Minicraft Liberator, which are not the easiest kits to assemble.  The Coastal Command livery is quite fetching.  The work stand is a nice touch-- is it from a kit or scratchbuilt?

My one quibble is the chipping on the leading edges where the rubber deicer boots would go.

Will correct, thanks. The work stand and other accessories you see are part of the Airfix Bomber Resupply set.

Edited by NavyWessex
  • Like 1

That's a lovely Lib! I don't take much interest in WW2 stuff but I have one of these to build. I only got it because my Dad worked on them with CC when he was based at Silloth & Aldergrove (I think)

I just need to find some suitable markings to replicate a Lib he may have worked on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2020 at 12:58 AM, Selwyn said:

Except a coastal command aircraft wouldn't be carrying a cookie!

But imagine the mess it would make of Das Boot..  😄