In The Wrong Hands GB. Close... but no cigar!

TonyOD

7 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

If all else fails I’ll do a WIP. 

If that’s how it goes I’ll be in the front row! 

On 7/30/2021 at 10:15 AM, Bertie Psmith said:

Are you watching my Whippet WIP? I think you'll enjoy it.

Nope, but I shall!

• TonyOD changed the title to In The Wrong Hands GB. 34 and Bunfight-bound. (Please feel free to post your past builds here!)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 5:06 PM, neil5208 said:

How about an Italian Mk1 Hurricane?

For sure! What#s the story with that one?

Can I add you to thelist?

18 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

For sure! What#s the story with that one?

Can I add you to thelist?

Yes of course. Several Yugoslavian Hurricanes were captured by the Italians and repainted in Regia Aeronautica colours, not sure if they were used in combat or for training against. One was reportedly presented to Mussolini.

• Like 1

• TonyOD changed the title to In The Wrong Hands GB. 35 and Bunfight-bound. (Please feel free to post your past builds here!)
On 8/10/2021 at 9:30 PM, TonyOD said:

I think I have settled on my likely project for this GB if it's a goer:

spacer.png

I've just got hold of the Project Lusty book. I'll see if there are any other photos of captured HE-111's 

I have a few candidates for this including a PZL P11c with Luftwaffe markings but I might be tempted to try to do something from the Operation Lusty book I've recently got which has photos and lists of all the captured aircraft in the RAF and USAAF. I'm in.

51Jd0dnhPrL._SX345_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Thanks 1

• TonyOD changed the title to In The Wrong Hands GB. 36 and Bunfight-bound. (Please feel free to post your past builds here!)
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

Sign  me up. I'll do Bf410 (or is that Me410?) In captured Soviet markings. The Meng kit has it as an option in the box already.

By the way this is one of the best themes for a group build and I really hope it gets through! 

Eine Hornisse! That would be a fantastic addition to the GB. Been eying up the Italeri kit of the same, funnily enough. Welcome aboard, and thanks for the kind words!

• TonyOD changed the title to In The Wrong Hands GB. Closing in on 40, and Bunfight-bound. (Please feel free to post your past builds here!)

I couldn't resist practicing a bit. I have a to-be-scrapped-or-not Academy B-17G kit that I decided could also act as a testbed for how to write "Yardbird" on a Fort nose. It´s definitely a practice shot that I didn´t go for a 100% accuracy, not even 50%... I just wanted to try the pen. But that's revealing a lot of my In The Wrong Hands GB plans, come 2022 :wink:

2021-09-14_11-40-54

On 9/16/2021 at 4:00 PM, Angus Tura said:

which is to say an émigré fighting for the British.

Um. I've already nixed British subjects fighting for the Nazis on the basis that hey were doing so of their own free will. I'm wondering if that's a scenario I should reconsider. While these people were's "equipment" or "assets", I suppose it's fair to say their native country would rather they weren't fighting for the enemy! Same goes for your pal in the fancy trousers, above.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, TonyOD said:

That's an interesting one. There's a difference between foreign nationals fighting under duress following forcible conscription and willing combatants serving with German armed forces. Eligible if the former and backed up with historical evidence 😁.

Tony,

Thanks. I've now seen this. I don't think one could reasonably say that the York emigre hussars were fighting for the British under duress. I suppose their swords and carbines were "in the wrong hands", but that is probably stretching it a bit.

I shall think on.

Please put me down for "something".

Alan

• Thanks 1

d0f2fa3a-9bc3-4ae8-8b1a-c03216a4af84.jpeOn seeing the B17 I remembered I had bought and read this a few years ago. 

Basically the Luftwaffe appear to never have enough aircraft so virtually every captured aircraft was repainted in Luftwaffe colours and used if not for frontline operations then for training. 

There enough resource material in this book to do an entire GB :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2