In The Wrong Hands GB. Close... but no cigar!

TonyOD

Another vote in. Every one lifts my spirits, but there’s a way to go yet. There are many unused votes to be placed, there are votes being transferred from Parliamo Italiano (grazie tutti!) and you know what, I ain’t too proud to beg.

Well, I threw everything I had at it, I really did! ITWH has pulled in another 10 votes in the last 24 hours but just isn't quite there, and unless a miracle happens in the next 90 minutes it's not going to happen. It's a pity, but that's the Bunfight.

My sincere thanks to everyone who has supported this proposal since I put it out there last December(!), especially @Wez who kindly offered to co-host. If anyone starts any builds along the lines of the ITWH ethos and does a WIP (who knows... they might even turn up in other successful GB's), please tag me and I'll follow with interest.

Congratulations to the winning GB's, some great themes and I look forward to joining in the fun in 2022!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 4

• TonyOD changed the title to In The Wrong Hands GB. Close... but no cigar!
11 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Well, I threw everything I had at it, I really did! ITWH has pulled in another 10 votes in the last 24 hours but just isn't quite there, and unless a miracle happens in the next 90 minutes it's not going to happen. It's a pity, but that's the Bunfight.

My sincere thanks to everyone who has supported this proposal since I put it out there last December(!), especially @Wez who kindly offered to co-host. If anyone starts any builds along the lines of the ITWH ethos and does a WIP (who knows... they might even turn up in other successful GB's), please tag me and I'll follow with interest.

Congratulations to the winning GB's, some great themes and I look forward to joining in the fun in 2022!

Cheers

Tony

A Valiant effort Tony, thank you for your efforts I was hoping this would get up. My build for the Ju 88 GB will be one of the RAFWAFFE Ju 88s (either a G or R model). Will tag you when the time comes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rafwaffe said:

My build for the Ju 88 GB will be one of the RAFWAFFE Ju 88s (either a G or R model). Will tag you when the time comes.

Thanks. I expect I'll be in the thick of that one, I think my Ju 88 will be an eastern front example.

• Like 1

Just occurred to me that if GBs were decided by the amount of attention their proposals generate, In The Wrong hands would have smashed it with over 10,000 views of this thread! 😂

• Haha 1

Having proposed a few unseccwsful GBs before, I know the feeling... still, this proposal sure raised quite a wide interest, so thanks for trying !

Clearly there are some subject areas that will always draw a much wider interest than others and these will always get more votes in the bunfight, however since this one got quite close it may be worth trying again if the rules allow it.

• Like 1

Just now, Giorgio N said:

this one got quite close it may be worth trying again if the rules allow it.

Maybe. The eventual vote tally was within spitting distance of a slot, but I did "borrow" a few from Parliamo Italiano. Not to take anything away from the winners, I did feel it offered a bit of something "different" - quite a well-defined theme but offering many interesting possibilities, where some GB's seem to worship in a very broad church, if you know what I mean. But, the people have spoken and here we are.