Tornado IDS,Reconnaissance Wing 51, Revell 1/144

Just finished assembling Tornado IDS (Revell 1/144), mostly OOB but without the "white tiger" scheme, don´t like that one at all, so I used the Norm 87D scheme that it kept for a while when transferred from the Marinenflieger to the Luftwaffe.  Only complication was issuing the Squadron logo, the tiny tiger, which I issued with old decals and some freehand painting.  Nice kit, camo was the most difficult part as it requires lots of masking/unmasking/re-marking. I changed the pitot tube for a more realistic metal one, and added dorsal position light and landing lights inside the wheel well doors.  The only thing I would appreciate from the kit, is providing some plugs for the big gaps where the wings fit into the fuselage when retracting, this is the price to pay for moving wings, which are worthless if you are going to use the underwing ordnance anyway.  The rest, is quite nice and accurate.

ON4hQAsl.jpg

v8Q9ur5l.jpg

tlpSICNl.jpg

VVg92ABl.jpg

Eck0h7ml.jpg

OFeSZiJl.jpg

oaM24czl.jpg

bkPms4Gl.jpg

oHMoOjHl.jpg

fbtQinBl.jpg

Marco

• Like 19

I'm doing good to "see" details in that scale and you apply them. Steady hand and a lot of patience I presume. At any rate, that's exceptional work!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, F-32 said:

Great job, some of these 1/144 kits from Revell are Awesome

Yes indeed!  I collected through the years several of these tiny kits, they improved in quality since I first bought the original Eurofighter Prototype kit, down the road to the Rafale, the current Eurofighter, the Tomcat, Apache, F-5 and so many others, excellent quality!  And if your mood requires it, these are excellent weekend projects, feels nice to have them finished in your cabinet short time after starting them!

Marco