Hobbyboss Spitfire Vb / Trumpeter Me109f 1/32 scale.

stevej60

Thank's folk's for the comments,I can use the photo if I overdo the weathering! The undersides are done with various shades of azure

blue for the recesses and highlights,last job was a light sand sprayed around the gear doors and wheel wells the masked for the base upper

colour keeping it a few shades lighter to counteract the glossing when it comes.

20210102_195337

The other kit in this duo is another cracking Trumpeter issue.

20210102_195147

• Like 1

This will make a great dogfight double 😁Superior work in that interior already, and nice to see your enthusiasm for what is regarded as a 'second string' kit. 👍

Alan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alan P said:

This will make a great dogfight double 😁Superior work in that interior already, and nice to see your enthusiasm for what is regarded as a 'second string' kit. 👍

Alan

Thank's Alan,there's no doubting the issues but its a well and not overly engineered kit with a good fit of part's and looks like a Spitfire,

TBH will there ever be a Spitfire kit in a big scale  that pleases 100% of modeller's? Tamiya set the benchmark in 1/32 but I can't bring

myself to part with nearly £100 however good the kit.

• Like 1

Evening folk's,well I think I've got as far as I can with the paintwork fading/weathering the washes will get that grubby look 

after the decal's go on.

20210103_191237

20210103_193733

Anyway while waiting for various paints to dry I made a start on the 109 Cockpit including the dreaded PE.I need to find out which

colour for the cockpit Trumpeter tell you dark gray I'm not sure if it could be the earlier light gray.

20210103_184333

• Like 3

Evening folk's.there was a few hairy moments with the codes but all in all the decals behaved themselves and bedded down well,

sealed with more gloss I'll leave well alone for a day or so as I also glued the U/C legs in place.

20210105_202932

• Like 4

Evening folk's I'm about done with the weathering she looks grimy enough now and the decals have been toned down with a misting

of sand and exhaust/gun staining with Tamiya smoke and a drop of NATO black.

20210107_190559

• Like 6

Nice Spitfire.

I’d have thought the Me109 interior should be RLM 02; however after November 1941 all cockpit areas that were visible externally were to be RLM 66; so an F could probably be in either colour.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

Nice Spitfire.

I’d have thought the Me109 interior should be RLM 02; however after November 1941 all cockpit areas that were visible externally were to be RLM 66; so an F could probably be in either colour.

Thank's Marklo,I wasn't sure of the dates when the colour changed.

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

The Spitfire looks good Steve.

Chris

Many thank's Chris,just a couple of hours work left now,tonight I got the base coat on the 109 interior which I've opted for the dark gray.

Hi folk's,usual treatment for the cockpit,dry brushed after painting including the IP then picked out the detail with a cocktail stick

put a wash of watered tamiya sand into the floor recesses then added the pe harness.

20210109_145929

20210109_145921

• Like 5

Hi folk's little in the way of issues with the rest of the construction just a poor fit at the front of the cowling,managed to get a few bits

yesterday so I can resume the Spitfire build today.

20210110_135131

• Like 4

Afternoon folk's canopy to paint,gunsight to fit and nearly done,looking at wartime photo's the wheel hubs really should be solid

but that I can live with.

20210110_150724

20210110_150748

• Like 6

hi folk's,among the answer to a question in another section the good folk's here on BM pointed out the error of Trumpeter molding

the crowbar behind the frame of the door so a bit of scratchbuilding needed.

20210111_195224

And I never realised Spitfire's had a flare shute on the fear fuselage now I do if you look at the colour Photo on page one it can be seen

above the "N" so I've added the patch that covered it.

20210111_195203

Here's the thread in WW2 aitcraft .

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235086667-spitfire-vb-question/

• Like 6

Evening folk's,this weeks progress has concentrated on the 109 due to the fact I need matt spray for the Spitfire and can't get any

for now,I sprayed the whole kit light blue then the upper sand.

20210116_184617

Next job will be to weather the undersides.

20210116_184638

and tonight the mottle added and sprayed the white band also done the exhaust staining.As you can see some weathering

and a gloss coat added.

20210117_170400

• Like 3

Evening folk's weathered and glossed the undersides,tomorrow time permitting I'll get the stencil's on then I'm at a dead end as

along with the spitfire a lack of matt spray will stall any more progress.

20210121_190328

• Like 1

Morning folk's,finally got a matt coat on last job before finishing are the fuselage to tail wire's and I need to give those rubber tyre's

a dry brush they look to new!

20210130_195824

• Like 3