The research and work that goes into your horse drawn models is beyond belief.

I'm guessing, from some of your observations and vernacular in other builds on the site that you have horse experience in your upbringing.

Stunning workmanship.

Rog

That's a beautiful model. Thanks for posting the end result, it's a joy to look at.

Do you model the wagon on its own, or a add horse to give it a sense of purpose and scale? I can imagine that after building such a realistic and finely scaled replica, a horse or pony could detract a bit. Finding a scale horse that isn't toy like can't be easy either.

Tony.

Amazing!

It really takes model building to levels well above my participation!!

Awesome stuff! :clap2:

18 hours ago, radish1us said:

no horse experience at all,  just enjoy finding out about something if I'm interested in making a model of it

That's quite a surprise but, as you suggest, building a model is an excellent way to learn about any given subject!

For some reason i can't eat my breakfast now 🤢 ,thanks for sharing that lovely picture. I must say you have turned out a beautiful piece of work well done 👏 

• Like 1

Lovely model. Liked the way that you pinned the spokes through Perspex wheel rims. I would imagine different diameters of domestic plastic tube could be adapted in a similar way provided that you could obtain it in the right diameter and thickness to part off on a lathe.

Your gruesome finger picture reminded me of when a colleague of mine lost the top of his finger using a centreless grinder. Happened so fast!  The pain did not come until later he said.

• 2 weeks later...