Lockheed TriStar Stargazer Orbital ATK,Eastern Express 1/144

Eastern Express released their nice TriStar kit in many different liveries and versions.

Among those is also the Orbital ATK Stargazer.

To my knowledge,this TriStar is the last flying example.

It was originally delivered to Eastern Airlines in 1974.

Painted with Revell 04 white,Revell 374 grey for the wings and Testors silver for the metallic parts.

Some light weathering was added on the wings and tail.AA cockpit window,some details from the NAZCA detail set.The rest is from the kit provided decals.

The kit is the known airliner kit,the rocket and atachment are extra parts cast in resin.

Eastern Express did not design the kit for a wheels up option,but here it would make sense.Otherwise its difficult to see the rocket beneath it.

Closing the wheelwells was not the problem but getting the model on a stand and sit properly is.

Because the rocket sits right where the stand should be for balance,the mount for the stand had to be made behind the rocket.The finished model is very heave and of course leans forward.

Therefore I had to insert some weight through the No.2 engine to get weight in the back.Now its even heavier and the stand I am using for now is not very stable.I have to do something else in oder to make the TriStar stand properly and safely.

But it makes for some dramatic views for the photoshoot....

Cheers

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 19

Fantastic job.  I have a EE TriStar yet to build.  I suggestion for the stand,if it’s hollow underneath you could use two part epoxy to glue in lead weights to make the stand more robust and lower the center of gravity. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

Fantastic job.  I have a EE TriStar yet to build.  I suggestion for the stand,if it’s hollow underneath you could use two part epoxy to glue in lead weights to make the stand more robust and lower the center of gravity. 

Thank you very much,also for your suggestion.I will try out this method.