Any TIE Defender model kits?

Vlad

FFG do aTie Defender for the  Star Wars X-WIng Miniatures Game in 1/250 scale . For 1/72 It's a resin kit that was made by SMT which is long out of print so Ebay is your best bet which you may already know.

I was not aware of the 1/72 kit but I expect that would be very expensive even if I do manage to find one. I know of the X-wing miniatures game but wanted something bigger and not solid cockpit, to build and paint myself.

My current backup plan is kitbash from two Interceptors.

Yeah that  looks like your best bet. The last kit-bash I read used 3 Revell Tie interceptors at 1/90 scale which would be substantially cheaper than any resin kit. Don't even think about getting the Finemolds/Bandai Interceptor.

I would be interested in your kit-bash if you do go ahead with it. 

Do you have a link to this kit-bash? Not sure what the 3rd Interceptor kit is for, 2 should give enough solar panel parts for a Defender.

I'm building one of the Revell 1/90 ones at the moment, I really like it for the price. The Defender is more of a long term idea but I'll post here when I do it.

This company has one but it is out of stock. Once again you have Import duties on top.

http://www.mvmodels.biz/kesselrun.asp

You can email them and  see when thy are going to bring them back in. 

I don't have a link as I checked RPF and don't see it. So must have made it up.

Yeah, bit too expensive. And it seems the TIE Defender has evolved somewhat. At least in its current incarnation in Star Wars Squadrons, the solar panels are longer and more pointed, closer to the Interceptor ones while that kit has them quite wide.

For reference:

spacer.png

I also found this, maybe that's what you were thinking of:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/dl0qr8/tie_defender_190_revell_kitbash_of_2_tie/

It's pretty good, as inspiration, there's room for a little improvement with scratchbuilding.

I saw that on my google search but it's not that one. I wouldn't worry about the squadrons Defender as Star wars canon has to be one of the worst continuities ever.  Build what you want it to look like say its the MK1 defender.  ;)