Spitfire Mk.Vb EN951, Jan Zumbach

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

That is superb work - that should take pride of place in your yearbook! 

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,  yes it will be a special model for me, your support has helped very much indeed fella.  More than you realise.

Thank you

Chris 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Troffa said:

That's a great looking Spitfire, well done on the finish and the weathering- You've done a marvellous job on the paint wear, the exhaust staining and the various leaks and stains. The Tyres on the wheels are excellent- you can almost smell the oil and cordite on her. 

I hope to get some time at the bench during the festive period and hope it approaches your standard. 

Thanks for sharing!

Mark

Wow thank you for your very kind comments i enjoy the weathering part of a build , I hope you can get some quality bench time in over the festive period and what ever you produce will be great.

Thanks

Chris

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

First class!

The weathering is superb, the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the mention, glad to have helped in any way.

John

Thank you John very kind fella you helped more than you know fella , yours and Roger's support kept me going through this build, so thank you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Fantastic result, Chris; who needs an airbrush when you can handpaint like that? I wish I could! You certainly had me fooled until I re-read your text.

Jon

Hi Jon , thank you, very kind fella, it will not be as good as an airbrushed finish but it is as good as I can get really.   I do sometimes wish I had one but generally am happy to plod away with a brush.  Although I might not say that after the next to builds a yellow Anson and Yellow Ventura, wish me luck!!!

43 minutes ago, Homer said:

Beautiful piece of work well done 👏 

Thanks Homer, very kind

27 minutes ago, JWM said:

Great work, perfect result and a kind of tribute to Jan Zumbach...

Regards

J-W

Thanks Jerzy he sounds like an amazing fella and brave.  I like the thought of it as a kind of tribute to him.  I hope he would like it.

Thank you for your kind comments. 

Me again, I had forgotten that you hand painted this and have to make another comment.

I sometimes brush paint 1/48 models then cheat slightly by airbrushing the final varnish but I've never got anywhere near the finish you've achieved, and in 1/32! Your

camouflage demarcation is amazing, I think you're right up there with the likes of Tonyot and Plastix. 

John  :worthy:

• Thanks 1

Wow that is a beaut Chris,.... I especially love the paintwork! You`ve made a great job from an iffy kit,..... respect mate,

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy Dyck said:

Absolutely stunning! The close up piccies look like the real thing. Weathering is really first class....

Sorry I forget the next piccies of B 152 Hustedt 

best regards 

Andy 

Thanks Andy that's very nice of you to say that.  No worries fella, I am really happy with what you already sent, so thank you.

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

Me again, I had forgotten that you hand painted this and have to make another comment.

I sometimes brush paint 1/48 models then cheat slightly by airbrushing the final varnish but I've never got anywhere near the finish you've achieved, and in 1/32! Your

camouflage demarcation is amazing, I think you're right up there with the likes of Tony o'T and Plastix. 

John  :worthy:

Wow thanks John, the trick is just thinning the paint a bit.  I  also use a sponge backed scouring pad between coats .  The demarcation is done using a fairly thin old brush and a small section of the camouflage is painted along the edge then when starting to dry off go back and forth with the brush and it makes the softer edge.  The John it sounds harder than it actually is.  Thank you very much that's a real compliment too.

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Wow that is a beaut Chris,.... I especially love the paintwork! You`ve made a great job from an iffy kit,..... respect mate,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony I am very pleased with it, the hard work was all worth while, thanks fella, that means a lot.

Thanks ever

Chris

2 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

Chris

That is a beautifully built kit, a stunning Spitfire 

Well done mate

Cheers Rich

Thanks Rich, you helped with the trade fella.   Much appreciated and thanks for the kind comments. 

2 hours ago, Bangor Lad said:

Great build and superbly finished. I just wish I had the space to build and display the larger scales. 

Thank you,  very kind.  I have been doing my loft conversion and built a mancave as part of it.  I consider myself a lucky man , it has been hard work though.   Before that they were stored in boxes.  I still have to make bases for some  so they stand higher than others so I can display more efficiently,  I don't know if that would that help?

2 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Lovely work on an ace's aircraft. Packed with some great attention to detail. Brush painted too - I'd take my hat off to you but now we've got the boiler repaired I don't need one.

Pete

Thanks Pete, appreciate the kind comments and glad you got your boiler repaired.   One day I might learn to Airbrush may be, I have sprayed cars but the thought of airbrushing something like a model fills me with dread,  strange isn't it!!!

Thanks again all.

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

Lovely build , great finish and weathering :goodjob: i am not convinced by the shape of the wind screen and canopy , the windscreen sits too upright and the canopy looks too high ( to fit the misshapen windscreen i suppose ? )  nice build tho. 

Thanks Keith, there are a few issues with the kit, the cockpit interior is all squished in height, lots of rivet holes all over and the fuselage spine is too rounded, so when I built up the spine to a more correct profile I had to use the Revell MK.II  rear canopy section but could not find anything suitable for a windscreen or hood to fit so had to make do with the kit ones there. I did enjoy it mostly.

Chris