Any way to know what is flying into Brize Norton?

Killingholme

Hi all,

I have recently moved to a village only a couple of miles from Brize Norton and we get a steady procession of A400s, C-130s and Voyagers- indeed, it's remarkable how quickly you stop bothering to look up as they go past on the base leg! But as the runway threshold is only about a 5 minute cycle away from my house, I would still go down there when something "interesting" is coming in to land. Loads of photographers and enthusiasts seem to have have access to some sort of intelligence as there's only usually crowds there at certain times (which usually coincides with something like those big Antonov heavy lifters or a "Hair Force One" coming in).

Does anyone know how they get their intelligence? Is it just word of mouth from people working at Brize, or is there an enthusiasts forum or something out there on which people share this sort of information?

Will

Edited by Killingholme

Almost certainly a Facebook group that will have all the interesting movements posted. We get notifications up here at Newcastle of the stuff planned to do training runs up from Brize and elsewhere

SD

• 2 weeks later...