F1 Model Kits

nheather

Looking for reasonably priced F1 kits - do they exist.

Christmas present for an F1 nut who is not a modeller - I don’t want to spend much, no more than £30.

I may be asking for the impossible.  I started looking at Tamiya, expecting there to be loads, but surprised to find very few and those that I did find are from the 60s and 70s racing years.  The only one that fits my price range is the odd six wheeled Tyrell, which I think is too unusual and pretty ugly around the cockpit.

Are there any other makes to consider or am I asking for the impossible.

Metal, simply screw together, like Burago used to do would also be of interest.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

It all depends upon what you want.
If you are buying new, there are only a very few Tamiya F1 cars at that price level and, as you noted, they are nearly all older cars.

You might consider Aoshima, Fujimi, BeeMax. They all make a number of F1 cars. Ebbro do as well, but they are expensive, though excellent.

Hasegawa make a number of 1/24th cars and Revell sell re-boxed versions of these.

If you are looking for modern F1 cars, then they are very nearly all in the 50 - 60 quid mark...

Cheers,

Alan.

If he/she is an F1 nut, is there a team they follow? Revell do some recent-ish F1 cars in 1/24 instead of the more standard (for F1 cars) 1/20 which are often cheaper. Airfix also did Lewis Hamilton’s Mclaren Mercedes (not sure which year) in 1/32 in a prepainted snap and screw kit, which can be had for £25 from Kingkit https://www.kingkit.co.uk/product/airfix-cars-motorbikes-trucks-1-32-50008-vodafone-mclaren-mercedes

best,

M.