Edge's Dismal 2020 Output

Edge

Having gone into 2020 with the threat of redundancy hanging over me, which has, fortunately, seen me retained in a new role for the short term at least, modelling was far from my thoughts. Then Covid appeared and working from home became a daily rather than occasional thing so again modelling took a back seat.

I started and out away an Academy Catalina, made a fresh start on an Italeri Jaguar T.2 & couldn't get the Neomega cockpit sets to line up, so that was also shelved.

Fortunately I had an Airfix Beaufighter to hand, with a few additions and that has been my only completion in 2020. I have begun a KP Models Mustang III which I'll try to finish when my modelling mojo returns. 

So ladies & gentlemen I give you my Airfix Beaufighter TF.10:

50078473162_5fc8b06752_k.jpgAirfix Beaufighter TF.10 by Gavin Edgerton, on Flickr

50078473197_c946a2389b_k.jpgAirfix Beaufighter TF.10 by Gavin Edgerton, on Flickr

Here's to a more productive 2021!

Edge

• Like 23

One model is better than none. Keeping the flame alive, at least. The mojo - and time - will come back to you eventually.

The number i churned out this year has been to the detriment of the models I should have churned out for paying clients. Both Best Beloved and I decided my mental and physical well-being was more important.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope the Mojo returns soon and you can start production again, the Beau looks absolutely stunning BTW, you've done a cracking job . 

I have approached Christmas in a previous year with the threat of redundancy myself following a business case at work, infact it was my fourth, not down to me, but due to cuts and it really affected me mentally and did not feel much like modelling then either.

Chris

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I guess most of us have been negatively affected by events in 2020, some finding an escape in modelling or other hobbies and some, like me, losing their way a little. We have truly lived through extraordinary times.

Hopefully 2021 will be a little brighter for all, perhaps even a little like normal, whatever that may be.

Best wishes to you all

Edge

• Like 2

Yes but it is a lovely Beau,...... 

Cheers

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...