AT-ST Somewhere in the Eastern Front

This is a “what if” I just finished with an AT-ST from Bandai in 1/48th scale. To me it’s quite clear the influences used to create the Empire aesthetic in the Star Wars universe, so instead of doing it with the usual light grey scheme as seen in the Forest Moon of Endor, I thought to be more interesting to run my imagination free and place it in the eastern front during the second world war. I used some Tamiya 1/48th  German Infantry figures and I made this simple vignette with some snow melting and mud.

The Bandai kit is really detailed and fit perfectly without the need of glue so I totally recommend it!. To give it a WWII look I give a cast steel texture to the armour plates and I added some big bolts. Colour use was panzer grey from Tamiya and a combination of oil paints from MIG and Abteilung 502 to create the weathering.

Cheers and I hope you guys like it!

Jorge

“Somewhere in the Eastern Front”

mnrC7Z0.jpg

5tqXANj.jpg

mh5eHCE.jpg

cpFx9an.jpg

OWY7KRg.jpg

14Kt9Sp.jpg

sbG5cG4.jpg

UfDbl2H.jpg

as usual, any comments are welcome and thanks for looking!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, swralph said:

Excellent work all round.😀

Thanks swralph. Glad you like it 👍

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Jorge, A good idea, and an excellent result. I like it a lot. keep them coming!

Hi Pete, thank you!. Since I built my first Ma.K a couple of weeks ago I been enjoining a lot this sort of models, so yeah I'll do more in the future beside my usual historical ones...

3 hours ago, Stephen W said:

Great work on the model! 

Hi Stephen, thank you, it was fun!

46 minutes ago, MickE said:

Very imaginative, and great weathering

Thanks MickE! glad you like it. I really enjoyed the weathering and painting bit on this one! Since I discovered oil paints they have become my new favourite thing 😉

31 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Great work! I love it. 

Somehow mainly down down to your modelling skills it doesn’t look out of place in that scenario. 

James

Thank you James!...to me the AT-ST is very panzer looking, add german dunkelgrau and the iron cross and you are almost done! 😀

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...