IBG 1/35 Bedford QLT

Gday All

No.5 for the year.  I was looking for a simple build after the tornados, so this came out of the stash

The IBG kit misses a few details and can be quite clunky in parts.  The only fit problem I had was in getting the tarp square,  I didn't quite achieve it!

I used Scale Modeller Supply paints for the SCC15 green and SCC 14 blue black.  The worn wood was created by use of the hairspray technique

I still think my weathering needs a little refining, but I'm more confident in using pigment and oils after this build.

I found the youtube channel of "Nightshift" a major help.  Like most, I have the Rinaldi tankArt books, but after reading them repeatedly, some weathering techniques still remained a mystery until I watched the Nightshift videos.  Videos are of far more use than books when it comes to techniques I find.

Im happy for any feedback some of you more experienced armour modellers may  offer.
overall, I found the build fun.

Bruce

completed_bedford-5 completed_bedford-4 completed_bedford-3 truck  painted rear bed after hairspray

• Like 44

Awesome finish on a remarkable vehicle. This camouflage pattern is really cool. I've only read Rinaldi's 4th book and I really like his (minimalistic) approach but it wasn't an easy read. Martin Kovac has an awesome channel on YT indeed but many WIP's here are awesome tutorials. Great work.

Cheers,

Ernst.

8 hours ago, Ernst said:

Awesome finish on a remarkable vehicle. This camouflage pattern is really cool. I've only read Rinaldi's 4th book and I really like his (minimalistic) approach but it wasn't an easy read. Martin Kovac has an awesome channel on YT indeed but many WIP's here are awesome tutorials. Great work.

Cheers,

Ernst.

Thanks Ernst, So its not just me then!  Agree with you about the WIPs on here too

5 hours ago, Alpha Juliet said:

What did you think of the model itself?  Did it pass muster, or was it a bit of a pig?

Lovely outcome, either way!

Hello Alpha.  Overall, the model went together quite well, and it assembled quickly.  I thought some of the details were a little clunky though like the seat backs.  It was also marred by soft plastic and heavy mould seams on parts, and some details like handles and latches were missing from the cargo body.  The cab also needed details added although there is aftermarket available for this.  IBG also do a QL GS truck which I quite like, but what will probably tempt me more is the ICM WO6 as it should be much nicer detail wise.  I just need to wait for a sale as it sells here in Australia for AUD85😵

• Like 2

Thats a good redition of the Bedford QLT.

I like the worn look on the seats and the overall appearance, as its is a workhorse it needs subtle weathering and you have got it about right.

I built the QL-D for a diorama I have planned and I too am looking forward to the new Bedford MW,  due out in a couple of days.

Bedford-QL-015.jpg

Edited by Mancunian airman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

Thats a good redition of the Bedford QLT.

I like the worn look on the seats and the overall appearance, as its is a workhorse it needs subtle weathering and you have got it about right.

I built the QL-D for a diorama I have planned and I too am looking forward to the new Bedford MW,  due out in a couple of days.

Bedford-QL-015.jpg

That looks magnificent Mancunian. I love the faded look you have achieved with the cover.  Really sets it apart from the truck, and convoys it is canvas

I might wait for the hard roofed bedford MW. The ICM WOT8 is also calling me!

11 hours ago, Andy Moore said:

Excellent build Bruce. The wear on the wood floor looks perfect to me.

Andy:cat:

Thanks Andy. After the photo I did add some washes between the boards and some pigments around the corners as well

Bruce 

• 2 weeks later...