Two McLaren M23 1/43 F1 cars

Here are two more small F1 cars,the one without the driver I've just finished,but it's taken me forever! They are both Tenariv kits with resin bodies and base,the rest of the kit is twisted small bits of metal. The decals were extremely painful,the kit ones fell apart even with decal film so I thought that's ok,I can get brand new high class Tameo decals. They were even worse and just more or less fell apart completely.i wouldn't mind but there Is an extremely thin black line edging all the red,some is missing after all my efforts! Another one in my own Champions series,both on BBR bases. Emerson Fittipaldi,1974 and our own James Hunt world champion 1976. Note the interesting instructions included......More little ones to follow on hopefully! Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

Nice pair of champions cars.  I saw them both in action, back in the day.

I have a Tenariv M23 (Pete Revson, Silverstone '73) in the stash, plus the Tenariv Tyrrell 007.  Judging by your comments, I'm glad I already have alternative decals for both.

Trevor

Thanks for all your nice comments! Tenariv kits were seen as a bit simple,but to be honest I liked them,and I still have a Tameo Yardley M23 where the nose comes off in 1/43. Trevor I think the James Hunt car decals were fine,I just had bad luck? Chris.

Very nice Chris, great results from such simple kits, the instruction sheet made me laugh, I still have a number of kits to build with sheets like that, still its better than some of the Starter/Provence kits which just had photos of the finished model in a "Here's one I made earlier" type arrangement.

Cheers - Rab.

• Like 1