HELP!!! - 1/48 Airfix Bristol Blenheim Mk. I Side Windows Needed!

Shark444

I posted this in the "Wanted" section, but thought I'd cast my net even wider.  Given the number of you who have done the Airfix 1/48 Bristol Blenheim Mk. I I hope extra eyes on this might solve my dilemma.

Midway through my build of this great kit I managed to drop the clear sprue on the floor and step on it - completely crushed...(literally!).  I'm grafting the Classic Airframes long nose onto the new Airfix kit to make a Mk.IV and my fat foot crushed the side windows I was going to use from the Airfix kit.  

I've sent an enquiry to Airfix (Hornby Hobbies) to see if I can get a replacement,  Just wondering if the membership here has a spare floating about.  Given I only need the port and starboard side windows, I'd also be open to anyone with a derelict Classic Airframes kit hanging about. The project is shelved indefinitely until I solve for this...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers!

PM me your address mate and I`ll send you a vaciformed canopy for a Blenheim Mk.IV,..... flat side windows although I might have some with the bulge,.... I`m not sure?

Doubt if I`ll get them to Canada for Christmas but I`ll try! 

Cheers

Tony 

13 hours ago, tonyot said:

PM me your address mate and I`ll send you a vaciformed canopy for a Blenheim Mk.IV,..... flat side windows although I might have some with the bulge,.... I`m not sure?

Doubt if I`ll get them to Canada for Christmas but I`ll try! 

Cheers

Tony 

Tony, I tried sending you a message but the system says you can't receive any.  Send me an email and we can connect.  [email protected].

Cheers!

Sean

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shark444 said:

Tony, I tried sending you a message but the system says you can't receive any.  Send me an email and we can connect.  [email protected].

Cheers!

Sean

Just had my e mail returned as undeliverable,..... can you double check that e mail addy please mate? 

If these are just flat panes and reasonably small, why not just form them with a PVA-based glue? Run a bead around the rim with a toothpick and with the toothpick loaded again, touch the rim and pull a bubble toward the centre until the pane is filled.

17 hours ago, Crimea River said:

If these are just flat panes and reasonably small, why not just form them with a PVA-based glue? Run a bead around the rim with a toothpick and with the toothpick loaded again, touch the rim and pull a bubble toward the centre until the pane is filled.

They are large panels about 1cm square.  Too large for PVA. They also provide additional strength and bonding surface to the area since I'm hanging a Mk.IV long nose off of the fuselage.

9 hours ago, Shark444 said:

They are large panels about 1cm square.  Too large for PVA. They also provide additional strength and bonding surface to the area since I'm hanging a Mk.IV long nose off of the fuselage.

Posted the canopies today,...... crikey wasn`t expecting the postage to be so high! I just hope that they prove useful now,

Cheers

Tony