KV-1 (r) Trumpeter 1/35 [00366]

On 11/12/2020 at 00:44, Saeran said:

Look really good!

On 17/12/2020 at 12:39, Homer said:

Fine piece of modelling, well done 👏 

On 17/12/2020 at 14:28, fpmeyer said:

Really nice Göktuğ Berk Çakı. Wonderful weathering!. Well done !

Thank's a lot. I glad to read that kind comments :) 

That's nicely done.

There was only 1 of these built and it never saw operational service IIRC, so it would have stayed clean and probably at Kummersdorf.  Same with the KV-2.  It might have been pressed into service in the last weeks of the war when anything that could shoot was being scraped up.

Captured Russian tanks never featured greatly in German forces, with the exception of the T-34.  There were never more than a handful of KVs in use and these were generally abandoned when they broke down.  The idea of re-arming them like this never took off.  The gun was the least of the problems with that idea.  Mechanical spares relied on capturing stocks and no factories were captured in working order.  Germany had a real problem with diesel fuel availability and could not sustain diesel vehicles, hence why the vast majority remained petrol.  Germany could make synthetic petrol but not synthetic diesel.  And the KV was notoriously crudely built and hard to drive.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Nice work, the camo looks good.

I need a KV-1 in my collection, what is the Trumpeter kit like to build? Never built a Trumpy armour kit.

Pete

Thank you Pete. 

I am suggesting this kit. Why? :
1) It included half-seperate tracks and another full vinyl track. (+)
2) Kit's mold is good and it makes to building progress smooth (+)
3) Kit really needed PE parts for engine deck. (-)

So my opinion is not bad about this kit. It worth to build. 

-Göktuğ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

That's nicely done.

There was only 1 of these built and it never saw operational service IIRC, so it would have stayed clean and probably at Kummersdorf.  Same with the KV-2.  It might have been pressed into service in the last weeks of the war when anything that could shoot was being scraped up.

Captured Russian tanks never featured greatly in German forces, with the exception of the T-34.  There were never more than a handful of KVs in use and these were generally abandoned when they broke down.  The idea of re-arming them like this never took off.  The gun was the least of the problems with that idea.  Mechanical spares relied on capturing stocks and no factories were captured in working order.  Germany had a real problem with diesel fuel availability and could not sustain diesel vehicles, hence why the vast majority remained petrol.  Germany could make synthetic petrol but not synthetic diesel.  And the KV was notoriously crudely built and hard to drive.

Thank you and you're absolutely right 'so it would have stayed clean and probably at Kummersdorf' in this sentence. But I just wanted to build something just for weathered :) I love finding pictures for referances but I don't like to finish my models %100 same. In my opinion the best model is inspired by reality. But not %100 reality :)