SU-100, THE HUNTER KILLER, SOVIET TANK DESTROYER 1/35 CYBERHOBBY (DRAGON REBOX)

On 17/12/2020 at 15:03, dov said:

Thank you, FrancisGL

I prefer to build more clean tanks or half-tracks. See in the forum. Why?

I am not so good in strong weathering. Four decades mostly aircaft modelling.

Now, if I build a tank, so always with full interior. Mostly clean, like after a workshop. My Su-122 is ahead. I will try it more weatherd,

it will take some time to start with. I would like to ask if the task comnes along. Ok?

Happy modelling

Hi Dov,

There's nothing wrong with a clean tank, at some point it will be ... lol
Your model airplanes must be very good, 40 years making them, without a doubt they will have given you an extraordinary ability.
If you are really interested in a more pronounced weathering, it is not an obstacle that you are not so good with that, to try with a guinea pig, maybe you like the result more than how you finished your AFVs until now ...
IMHO, for me, the finished model should add some weathering, from the most subtle to the most intense ... it will depend on the context of the real model, what we want to show, and our ability to achieve it ...
At least, it would be convenient, a treatment to get the details of the "pop-up" mold, that will make the model look more complex and therefore real.
I imagine that it will not be unknown to you, because although the techniques for airplanes are not the same (in my first stage as a modeler I started with airplanes, but nothing to do with what there is now ...), there will be similar points to discuss the kit.
Thanks for comment and cheers.
Francis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2020 at 10:34, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Hope you are keeping well. Lovely to see another one of your amazing builds! As always, your attention to the details and your finishing skills take your builds to the next level! Awesome modelling! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Many thanks for your most kind words, i'm glad you like it,,I feel fine physically, not so spirited, but thanks for your interest.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking Su-100 with a superb steelish look, the aspect that you fought with the right color makes it even more valuable and shows that modeling is always a creative process that never ends

and it's worth to do the extra mile for a satisfying result.

Just one tiny detail if you allow that to my eyes does look a bit to chocolate uniform & plain in color are the substitute side tracks.

Again superb overall finish and especially the pics with the white background looking really good.

Cheers

Hans

• Thanks 1

On 25/01/2021 at 17:41, supersonic said:

Great looking Su-100 with a superb steelish look, the aspect that you fought with the right color makes it even more valuable and shows that modeling is always a creative process that never ends

and it's worth to do the extra mile for a satisfying result.

Just one tiny detail if you allow that to my eyes does look a bit to chocolate uniform & plain in color are the substitute side tracks.

Again superb overall finish and especially the pics with the white background looking really good.

Cheers

Hans

Hi Hans,

Many thanks for your kinds comments and observations, i'm glad you like it,

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍