SU-100, THE HUNTER KILLER, SOVIET TANK DESTROYER 1/35 CYBERHOBBY (DRAGON REBOX)

Hi Pals,

I will try to comment on the assembly and painting of the model, without the support of WIP photos.

In the first place, the kit is really a SU-85M, but when seeing that the 85mm barrel that the kit came with, it was a "little small", and that by chance there was a 100mm metal barrel available, for a SU-100 , I decided to switch and build the SU-100.

Being the SU-85M model, seeing photos of it and the SU-100, I found no differences (at least substantial), between one model and another, not so with the SU-85.

I do not remember major problems with the assembly of the kit, its fit is good, some doubts in the instructions, but nothing that is not easy to achieve.

I started with a coat of black primer, then added some rust. When I looked for an appropriate green for the paint, after trying several colors, I did not find any that I liked, so I chose one to see how it would look, thinking that the weathering would end up darkening it ...

I continued with all the normal processes, (washing, chipping, etc ...), but the result, I did not like, because the tone that was taking green, made it very dark, just what I did not want ...

Cleaning the model, a slow and dirty process, for a new attempt, this time with another green one, not the one that suited me the most, but one had to be, of course ...

This time, I tried to clarify it in areas, so that later, the same did not happen. I'm happy with the result, although I would have liked the tone a little clearer. The next model will be with a different color.

On the other hand, the tracks are the ones that the kit comes with (individual links), quite good, with adjustments in some points to fit their full length, with some saggy ...

The kit included as a "bonus", a set of Soviet infantry equipment, which I have included with the model, at specific points, I added a chain, antenna, some vegetation, here and there, flanges for the spare track segments, some wire handles, pigments like dried mud, especially at the bottom of the hull.

I think that is all that is relevant to montage and painting.

As always thanks for watch and comment.

Cheers and TC
Francis.

SHOTS WITH BLACK BACKGROUND:

anlqgIT.jpg

UNGloZq.jpg

ErcQYTT.jpg

UisNJO3.jpg

DlAV0bn.jpg

oMZ5YeQ.jpg

KeKdP6a.jpg

bHGWFFk.jpg

y8Pp39y.jpg

Sm1i8Gc.jpg

PGdfdzo.jpg

oo16tX0.jpg

g6FatXM.jpg.

gdIepTj.jpg

f1hrMSc.jpg

ZdoBKJP.jpg

SHOTS IN WITHE BACKGROUND:

jPfLRE7.jpg

QOCh9b8.jpg

7UT4Ts9.jpg

Z7xueZc.jpg

QvODU0e.jpg

8HPjB8J.jpg

NoXy6Jj.jpg

d1TA1jJ.jpg

qeiq1hm.jpg.

On96w0H.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

Looks really good! 👍

Vytautas

P.S. 

A small note - an inscription on board is missing one letter. It must be written as follows:

Hi, Vytautas, many thanks for your like and kind words, and thank for the info, it's a shame not to have seen her before ...

Cheers and TC

Francis.

Another gorgeous model in your trademark captivating vibrancy. Good to see you back Francis and I hope you're doing well. The textile on some items really look great. An eye catcher for sure.

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:41, Bullbasket said:

Hi Francis. Good to have you back again, and with an excellent model. The weathering is first class. Great job.

John.

Hi John, 

Many thanks for your kind words and like, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers and TC

Francis.

On 10/12/2020 at 15:05, dov said:

Looks very good.

How did you get on weathering? Rust and mud?

Happy modelling

Hi dov, 

Many thanks for your like and kind words.

Sorry for the delay, the mud consists of pigments fixed with their corresponding product for the purpose.
The oxide is a little more laborious, as it is a mixture of pigments, applied dry, and a touch of color in the right place with acrylic, all sealed with varnish.
Weathering as dust and deposits thereof, is with specific washes with oils and pastels.
I'm sorry not to be more specific, because I lost the photos that I had prepared for the WIP, (as I mentioned above the topic).

Cheers and TC
Francis.

Thank you, FrancisGL

I prefer to build more clean tanks or half-tracks. See in the forum. Why?

I am not so good in strong weathering. Four decades mostly aircaft modelling.

Now, if I build a tank, so always with full interior. Mostly clean, like after a workshop. My Su-122 is ahead. I will try it more weatherd,

it will take some time to start with. I would like to ask if the task comnes along. Ok?

Happy modelling

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2020 at 20:10, Buzby061 said:

Very nicely detailed & weathered. Looks like it's been lifted from East Prussia in Autumn 1944.

Pete

HI Pete,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it.

I love your reflection on the look of the model, a very rough idea of what I imagined to show with the model.
Cheers and TC
Francis.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 17:13, Ernst said:

Another gorgeous model in your trademark captivating vibrancy. Good to see you back Francis and I hope you're doing well. The textile on some items really look great. An eye catcher for sure.

Cheers,

Ernst.

Hi Ernst,

Many thanks for your kind words as always, i'm glad you like it. Physically I'm fine, not like that, because we have had a terrible loss here, hence there is no WIP of the kit, as I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, and of others that later (perhaps), I will go up to the forum, as I feel like taking the photos.thanks for your interest.
I think that this time, I have achieved that what should be fabric, "resembles" fabric, I think because of the varnish used.

I hope to see some of your work on the forum soon.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 22/12/2020 at 12:50, FrancisGL said:

Hi Ernst,

Many thanks for your kind words as always, i'm glad you like it. Physically I'm fine, not like that, because we have had a terrible loss here, hence there is no WIP of the kit, as I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, and of others that later (perhaps), I will go up to the forum, as I feel like taking the photos.thanks for your interest.
I think that this time, I have achieved that what should be fabric, "resembles" fabric, I think because of the varnish used.

I hope to see some of your work on the forum soon.

Cheers and TC

Francis.

Thank you mate.

I am sorry to hear about that, I wish you all the love and strength.

What kind of varnish did you use? There's a metallic vibe to it that I really like. I also find it difficult to achieve a supermatt finish on textile to contrast with semigloss tank finish.

Last months I have finished several models but I didn't post them in the rfi, tried several different approaches. Currently I am working on 4 projects, hope to finish two of them in a couple of weeks time. I will post them if all goes well.

Best wishes for Christmas and new year.

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

On 18/12/2020 at 09:20, Rumblestripe said:

Masterclass in the use of textures, from the caked mud on the track guards to the flaking rust on welds and the fabric on the bags slung on the rear of the tank. Perfect.

:worthy:

Hi Rumblestripe,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, you're very kind. I'm glad you like it,

Cheers and TC

Francis.

Hi Francis. Hope you are keeping well. Lovely to see another one of your amazing builds! As always, your attention to the details and your finishing skills take your builds to the next level! Awesome modelling! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1