IDF Namer APC coming from Meng

Kingsman

Looking rather mean and ugly.  But I take your point.... 

Latest iteration with Trophy and other defensive systems.  There are other variants including comms/command, casevac and 3 - yes, 3 - different combat engineer types to replace the venerable Puma. I wonder if we might see any of these?  Meng show it with their Nochri mine roller.

A cannon and ATGW-armed turreted IFV has been prototyped and both Azerbaijan and Colombia have discussed acquiring Namers.  US Army tested and rejected it as part of an initiative to look at buying off the shelf instead of developing new.  Fools.

Perhaps we might see an Ofek command vehicle on Meng's Merkava 2 hull.  We can hope......

And Legend's "Namer" is actually the Nemmera ARV, although that was originally called the Namer at the time they released it. 

This will doubtless be well received.  An Ofek would be nice: another ugly beast.  Now that the Pereh is off the secret list and Meng have a Magach 6, I wonder if we'll see one of those.

More news.  3 versions in the box.  APC with and without Trophy and Command with small "doghouse".  But no AEV: perhaps that might come later with extra bits.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/12/preview-mengs-new-35th-scale-heavy.html#more

I do fancy one of the AEVs, here with dozer blade and Nochri + Carpet.

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see now the slight curve of the ERA blocks on the hull front.  Hadn't noticed that before, although Pereh images have been notoriously hard to find until recently.  I suppose it made sense to keep the newer M60-based Magachs as gun tanks 20-odd years ago when Pereh was designed.

So, not so simple for Meng or Academy to do a Pereh then.  Not sure I fancy Dragon trying it as their recent stuff, especially the Arab-Israeli series, has been lacklustre to say the least.  But I still want one!!

If it was a German paper panzer, or even a Soviet project, we'd have several kits of it by now.....................

While we're on the subject of IDF wants, will someone please turn their attention to some of the older models.  We desperately need a new M50 as the old Dragon kit is dire now.  Come on RFM, you've got an M4A4 and the HVSS already tooled.  Although M4A4-based M50s were common, many other types existed.  Meng's M4A3E8 could become an M4A3(105)-based M50, although these were less common.  A Batch 3/4 M51 would be good.  The Academy kit is flawed and the Tamiya is Batch 1/2 only, and Legend's Batch 3/4 upgrade costs more than the kit.  And what about some early VVSS M50s?  An M4A4T M50 based on Meng's Firefly would be good.