A Few 1/72 Biplanes....

As of about 2 months ago, I discovered the joys of EZ line.    I have made several Biplane models, but having finally successfully tackled rigging, I was ready to plow through my WW1 stash and even procure some new ones.    I sometimes use acrylics, sometimes enamels, and always use rattle cans.    Although I airbrushed in the early 80s, for some reason I prefer the ease of the rattle can....no cleaning up, and I am satisfied with how my models come out....I suppose thats the most important thing!

In addition to WW1 aircraft, I have completed Many (most) from WW2, as well as the earlier period of Jets.    I often prefer the more obscure aircraft subjects

that, more obscure Air Forces use of well known aircraft (Burmese MiG-17s, Romanian bf109s, Bulgarian D.520s...stuff like that)

The only rather different one here is a Nieuport 17 used by Admiral Kolchak's White Army during the Russian Civil War....

I really enjoy photographing them in my backyard on a Sunny Day - its almost as much fun as building them.....spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png, or barring

• Like 26

Once I had conquered the fear of the EZ line, it was easy.   I always have had an affinity for the Golden Age of Flight.    As a child and 10 yrs ago, I went to Rhinebeck NY to see the Aerodrome there and its Flying WW1 Aircraft.    Only 35 minutes from where I live is the Golden Age Air Museum (check it out online).     They have a flying Triplane Replica with Original Oberusal Rotary Engine!   They also have a Sopwith Pup Relica and are currently building a SPAD 13 replica - really cool stuff!   The 17 year old daughter of one of the Directors received her Private License last year while flying a 100 year old Curtiss Jenny that is part of the museum's collection!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, S. Uehlinger said:

I often prefer the more obscure aircraft subjects

that, more obscure Air Forces use of well known aircraft (Burmese MiG-17s, Romanian bf109s, Bulgarian D.520s...stuff like that)

My kind of BMer :)

Martin  👍

Lovely models and a very inspiring post!

I have acquired some Ezyline in recent times - mostly for whip aerials and the like on my aircraft builds.

Although I have a few biplane kits, I have still been rather put off by the rigging.

Seeing your fine results just might be the push I need to start one.  👍

When I started our hobby (some thirty-plus years ago), I used to have the ambition to build as many Biplanes as possible, and your models have reminded me this long distant memory!!

Very beautiful collection!!!!

Lovely job you have done on these planes.  I have great admiration for anyone that can get a 1/72 scale WWI plane done and do it with rigging too.  It is just too small for me to contemplate.  I agree 100% with the elastic thread such as EZ Line.  Without it I would have never tackled WWI planes myself.  I love that stuff!