'Allo 'allo from Iceland

'Allo. I've been building models more or less for about 51 years, since I was six. With a few years doing nothing. But that's a long time ago. I'm in to most everything. Aircraft, armour, ships, cars, figures, etc. in most scales. From 1/700 to 1/8. I have too many models in my stash (+/- 100) and a too small apartment to put them all. But I have stopped buying models. Except I see something that connects some how to Iceland. That is Icelandic airlines and British, American aircraft that where stationed here in WWII or on the US Navy base in Keflavík post WWII. I'm a rather slow builder, though I have been rather active recently. Also this is more of a winter hobby for me. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Gretar.

Strangely enough, I have recently completed the special hobby 1/72 Northrop N-3PB which fits in to your category of aircraft with a connection to Iceland. It looks great in raf markings too!

Merry Xmas and happy modelling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P-3s rule said:

Welcome Gretar.

Strangely enough, I have recently completed the special hobby 1/72 Northrop N-3PB which fits in to your category of aircraft with a connection to Iceland. It looks great in raf markings too!

Merry Xmas and happy modelling.

Thanks. P-3
I also have that one in my stash. It's somewhere on the building list.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gretar William Gudbergsson said:

Jeff. I have the Bismark in 1/8!!😛

Gidday, are you serious??? That would make it over 100 feet long! I've seen a model of USS Missouri in 1/80 but yours would be 10x that size. Very impressive. Do we get to see a photo? Regards, Jeff.

30 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, are you serious??? That would make it over 100 feet long! I've seen a model of USS Missouri in 1/80 but yours would be 10x that size. Very impressive. Do we get to see a photo? Regards, Jeff.

No, I was just joking. Hens the silly "smilie"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gretar William Gudbergsson said:

Thanks. Oh, you came here a lot then?

We sometimes called in at Keflavik when flying to Canada.  It largely depended on the headwind, and how heavy we were.  This was with C-130 Hercules.

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...