Harrier G.R 3 (Winter Camouflage)

Hi Folks, I've been wanting to add a Harrier in winter camouflage to my inventory for some time, in fact this is my third attempt, the first two ended up in the bin. When I saw this this one along with a Revell G.R 5 on E Bay for £10 I snapped them up. What I didn't consider was being older models they would have raised panel lines, I hate raised panel lines, I have never found a way to preserve them and achieve an invisible seam.  I have concluded that something has to be sacrificed either the panel lines or the invisible seam, so the panel lines in those areas have gone, fortunately in this scale I think you can get away with it.

The decals that came with the kit were unusable, they wouldn't release from the backing paper, fortunately I had some from one of my failed previous attempts but I had problems with those, the decals that form the red box on top of the fuselage broke up as did the roundels on the underside of the wings. It has been painted with Tamiya Acrylics and built straight out of the box, considering the age of the model and the poor moldings I am reasonably pleased with the way its turned out.

Anyway here it is for your perusal, all comments and criticisms are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 28

Oh yes, Harriers do look good in winter camo. It is possible to restore raised panel lines, mask very carefully with good tape and use layers of paint (primer works well) - or I like Mr Surfacer thinned with TET (in which case remove the tape before it dries or the line can lift). Takes practice but can work well, and raised lines are often better at 1/72 and smaller anyway.